Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:39:56 AM

Author Topic: 5 axis mill with trunion, view port issues  (Read 3192 times)

5 axis mill with trunion, view port issues
« on: March 10, 2011, 11:54:36 AM »
loading up g code of a 5 axis toolpath, I cannot get the view port to display the code correctly.

I get the cross hairs and an arc, but that is it.

Anything I should know about getting the viewport to display 5 axis code correctly?
Re: 5 axis mill with trunion, view port issues
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 12:17:36 PM »
Hi, try to go to Menu, config, toolpath and check A-Rotation Enabled.

Never use it but....

Jeff
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 12:21:43 PM »
that has been done already

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 10:04:41 AM »
it only shows x y z and a only, does not show b (or c)

scott
fun times

Offline kf2qd

•  148 148
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 12:06:05 PM »
Some of the reason that it is missing display for A & B is that those axis are rather machine specific. There is a definition - I believe that A should have its centerline parallel with the X axis, B with the Y axis and C with the Z axis. If you were set up your machine different (a axis indexer sitting flat on the table) the graphic would be nonsense... And you also might be using one indexer in various positions which would confuse the issue even more. is A mounted on B or is B mounted on A?

In other words, the display for rotary wouild have to be custom created for your specific setup, and there are a bunch of details that would have to be considered for each and every setup - Where is ZERO? would be a big one. Is zero on the surface of the part, or at the center of rotation? How are you going to tell it how big the workpiece is? Do you show the workpiece rotating? or do yuo rotate teh tool around the part? Either requires quite a bit of graphic processing, do you take that from the motion processing and slow down the feedrates? It is a lot more than just drawing a picture...