Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:24:19 AM

Author Topic: X Y problem  (Read 2980 times)

X Y problem
« on: March 10, 2011, 03:55:20 AM »
Hi All It is a ling time since I had any problems with Mac 3 but I have come across a strange thing when I a cutting a simple square or rectangle.

What is happening is that on the axis change two of the corners are square and two of the corners are radius these are on diagonal corners if I change the cut to clime mill the opposite corners  are rounded.

I have checked the parameters but cannot seem to find anything wrong.

On any other milling it does not seem to happen  circles, etc are spot on as is any other carving I do.

I thought it might have to do with the acceleration difference between the X & Y axis but I have tried altering this but it does not seem to cure the problem.

No doubt I have got something wrong in the settings and as usual someone will be able to sort this out for me.

Thanks Ray

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: X Y problem
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 04:02:38 AM »
Ray,

If you change from CV to Exact Stop Mode that should do it but it slows the job down somewhat. Increasing axis acceleration would not be a bad idea if the machine can take it without problems.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 04:12:51 AM »
Thanks Tweakie for your prompt reply I will try again with the acceleration before I go to exact stop, never seen that dumb head that I am.
Ray

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 04:40:38 AM »
Ray,

You may also try reducing the feedrate a little as well.

(I cut a lot of sign vinyl and if the feedrate is set too high I get rounded corners too  ;) )

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 05:02:25 PM »
Hi Tweakie, All sorted the problem was the difference between the X & Y speeds I know Mac3  should balance out the difference but I guess I had them two far apart.

I set them as close as I could and that sorted the problem.

Thanks again for your help
Ray