Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:13:11 PM

Author Topic: Break-in Wizard Problem  (Read 7425 times)

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
Break-in Wizard Problem
« on: March 09, 2011, 06:28:26 PM »
I was planning to do my 1st cutting this morning but was not able because of the new developed problems.

I installed the new screen set which Russ gave me and then run the machine a few times with the keyboard, then home it a few times, run the auto tool zero a couple of times and all was normal.

Then I run the break-in wizard a few times and that was also normal. Then I opened the gcode of the break-in wizard and changed the –Z parameter from -3 to -2 and also changed the Y and X axis max distance and the feed rate and run again the wizard

Normally when the wizard starts it lowers the Z to my setting and then homes the X and then the Y. In my case, the Z was ok but on the X it skipped the line G1X0Y0 and jumped to the next line G1X29 and of course since the machine was not homed when the X axis reached the + limit she stopped.

Trying to fix this problem I don’t know what I did but the limits went from active high to active low and the X & Z limits were not even working. Anyway I fixed the limits with the “automated setup of inputs” and that fixed the limits and now all is normal again.

However the wizard still skips the line G1X0Y0 and jumps to the next line G1X29, Anyone knows what is wrong?

I attach the wizard here for info

Nicolas

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Break-in Wizard Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 06:46:08 PM »
The code doesnt actually home, it moves to X0Y0 but that is offset coords and not machine coords so it will be where ever you have the offset zero set. Could that be your problem?ie you are already at X0Y0 in offset coords?
Hood

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 07:22:40 PM »
I have not touch or set any offset coords. When I start the wizard the router is about in the middle of the machine, I always did that and worked before

I know that the code doesnt home but it takes the X and Y almost to home first and then to the other end of each axis (+) and back. In my case it skips the code line X0Y0 (I can see it in the code window) and starts to move to wards the X+ and it trips the limit.

Is there anything wrong the way I input the values on the wizard? These values are shown at the top of the code
Nicolas

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 07:28:04 PM »
Ok but if you press Zero at an axis DRO you have just set an offset. Normally you would see this but if you just happen to have the machine coords on view then you will not see the zero position.

Code looked OK from the quick glance I had.

Hood

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 07:40:02 PM »
Thank you Hood, I will try again tomorrow to see if I can find anything

I must be doing something wrong because I did run the wizard earlier and all was fine. It all started after I changed the wizard parameters by editing the code instead by running the wizard and change the parameters there. Perhaps thats the problem

I will try tomorrow both ways

Nicolas

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 07:47:18 PM »
If you cant get it attach your xml and I will see if I can find something.
Hood

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 07:52:53 PM »
Thanks, I will do that if I run into problems
Nicolas
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 09:34:17 PM »
Hey Nic,
 I think you should HOME your machine first, then while it is still HOME, ZERO the axis DRO's. (or, if you are using the G54 offset, select another offset, then zero).
  Make the entries in the wizard .5" shy of the full length of the axis travel. Be careful with the Z direction !
The code will be in WORK coordinates, not machine coordinates but for this, they should be one in the same.

Russ

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 12:14:01 PM »
Russ I did what you say but it has no effect on the wizard. No matter where the router is when I run the wizard, it says to put the Z to safe 0 and then it will take the X & Y axes to 0 position and then it will continue

All went fine this morning, run the wizard a few times with no problems and did a simulated run (Z at +2” from top of material) of the pattern I want to cut next but have one question

When I’m ready to cut, I move the router where I want to start my cut, then 0 the X & Y and then I use the Auto Tool Zero to set the Z axis. After the tool finishes its program it goes up 1" and it stops and the DRO for the Z reads +1.0000. (my rapid height is set in LazyCam at 1” above the material)

My question: do I leave the Z axis DRO as it is or do I zero the DRO and then start my cut?
Nicolas
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 01:27:05 PM »
Looks like you got the wizard figured out ... great ! :)
and then it will take the X & Y axes to 0 position and then it will continue
If you did as I suggested, it would already BE at Zero. ;)

My question: do I leave the Z axis DRO as it is ........
Yes, leave it as it is. After you run the Auto Tool Zero routine you should be good to go, assuming you touched off from the top of your material of course.
Start with a slow feedrate and stand by the EStop just in case though, it will be dependant on the script in the macro.
 :)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 01:33:19 PM by Overloaded »