Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:34:55 AM

Author Topic: Problem Upgrading  (Read 3292 times)

Problem Upgrading
« on: March 09, 2011, 12:56:22 PM »
Hoping for some help.  I have done some searching and found similar threads but no real solutions.

I have been running Mach 3.041 for as long as I can remember (3 years or so).  I decided to upgrade to the latest version.  I installed the new version of Mach on my C: Drive and the existing version of Mach was left on my E: drive.  I accepted all options (parallel port driver, lazy cam ect...)  After the install I copied my license and profile file to the new directory.  When I launched the new version I could not get the steppers to move nor any inputs to register.  I checked the ports and pins and they were correct.  I then ran the old version 3.014 and the same problems.. no inputs, no outputs.  I ran the parallel port test program and its said "excellent"

To get everything to work I did a system restore which removed the new copy of Mach.  I then launched the 3.041 version and everything works fine.  I then tried to reinstall the new version of Mach without installing the parallel port driver with the same results.. nothing worked.

Any ideas.. what am I missing?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Problem Upgrading
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 01:11:29 PM »
Perhaps check in Device Manager the properties of your printer port and that the address matches what you have set in Mach ports and pins.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 02:07:42 PM »
Tweakie,

Thanks.. I validated the printer port and the settings in Mach are the same.  To the best of my knowledge nothing in the ports / pins or any other mach setting were changed as I copied a working config to a new install and left the working config with the old install unchanged.  When I complete a system restore  (to undo the new install) everything works properly without any configuration changes.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 01:52:08 AM »
The only other thing I can think of is that by installing on a different drive (unless you are using a dual OS) part of the necessary registry data (created by the install) has been filed under the wrong drive letter (E or C).
Perhaps the best solution is back up your config (.xml) and screen (.set) plus anything else that is important, just in case, then install the latest version over the top of your existing version. This way Mach and the OS will place all the data under the one drive letter and the registry will then be correct.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 09:54:10 AM »
Tweakie,

Thanks that fixed it.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 11:35:51 AM »