Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:04:18 AM

Author Topic: Analog +-10VDC controller card  (Read 3238 times)

Analog +-10VDC controller card
« on: March 05, 2011, 11:32:21 PM »
Okay guys please do not flame me I am starting here at ground zero. I have recently purchased a lagun mill with an anilam 1100 controller. I bought the mill with the intention to upgrade the controller. My question is this. Is there a Galil controller card that will work with my servos? I know they are analog -+ 10VDC I have been on their site but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for, simply because I don't know what I'm looking at. I would like a 5 axis card, right now the machine has two servos (XY) I'd like to find a quill servo for the third, an axis for the spindle, and one to control a rotary table. I have just started data digging, there doesn't seem to be a lot of info on what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance.
Re: Analog +-10VDC controller card
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 06:30:19 AM »
Hi Ron,
All of the Galil cards support both +-10v analog output along with stepper output IIRC.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 02:13:58 PM »
Thanks Mike I was looking at this card http://www.galilmc.com/products/dmc-21x3.php but it really didn't say anything about output only input. So this card should work for me?

RLC
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 02:32:30 PM »
Hi again Ron,
Page 53 of the manual says,
"The DMC-21x2/21x3 command voltage ranges between +/-10V.  This signal, along with GND,
provides the input to the motor amplifiers."

So yes it will work for you.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 09:05:13 PM »
the 21x3 cards work really well
just remember you need to price in the i/o daughter card etc when you purchase it
you are limited to 56 i/o on the 21x3 series but im sure this will be enough for a mill
if its not broken yet, fit more gadgets!