Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 02:26:13 AM

Author Topic: "Galil card not connected"  (Read 3615 times)

Offline RCL

•  2 2
    • View Profile
"Galil card not connected"
« on: March 05, 2011, 01:35:50 PM »
Hi,
        I am a new here, hoping to find some help. We have in our shop an old Motion Master router running with a Galil DMC-1830 / closed loop using the original brushed DC motors and amps. The software we use was written in house and is for our particular needs, it runs under Win XP and it works fine for us, but it is not a front-end for G-Code programs with all the features of Mach3.
        I have installed the demo version of Mach3 and the Galil plug-in, the Galil.dll is in the plug-in folder. When I start Mach3 I get the screen that allows me to pick the Galil card, but when Mach3 starts I get a message “Galil card not connected”.  As I stated before our software sees the card and runs fine, the Galil SmartTERM also sees the card and everything works as it should.
        So here are my questions… is it that I am running a demo version?  Or, does this have something to do with registry of the card within windows for use with Mach3?  An suggestions…..I would appreciate any insight into getting Mach3 to run.
  Thanks, Robin
Re: "Galil card not connected"
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 06:33:57 AM »
Try going to the configure tab, configure plugins, select the Galil plugin, and then select the Galil card from the drop down list on the general tab.
IIRC you have to select which controller you are using since it is possible to have multiple cards installed at the same time but Mach can use only one.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.

Offline RCL

•  2 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 06:27:34 PM »
Thanks Mike, I am making progress now
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 06:40:25 PM »
Good to hear.
Let us know how you make out.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.