Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:01:36 AM

Author Topic: analog feedrate override in mach  (Read 4465 times)

Offline tantan

•  130 130
    • View Profile
analog feedrate override in mach
« on: March 04, 2011, 06:43:10 AM »
hi,

I have 2 pokeys working on 2 different pc's with mach installed. i use the latest mach and pokeys software. i connected a potmeter to pin 43 and i use the brains (posted on this forum) to connect the analog signal to the feedrate override. all works well but when i start the pc and mach3 there is a delay of almost 30 seconds before the feedrate override actually responds to the potmeter movement. if i view the brain in debug mode i can see the signal changing but the bar on the mach screen does not respond the first app. 30 seconds. after the 30 seconds everything works fine.

it is not a big problem and i am very happy with the pokeys functionality but i am just curious why this signal is delayed after start up.

thanks

tantan

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: analog feedrate override in mach
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 06:52:48 AM »
unknown

scott
fun times

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 07:24:15 AM »
Hmmmm, that IS strange. I have a Pokeys setup basically the same, 2 analog pots, one for FRO, one for SRO, and they both work fine with brains.

What you're saying is, it works great AFTER 30 seconds? I suppose I've never tried it within only 30 seconds after starting Mach3. By the time I load a program, 30 seconds has elapsed. But I'll try it and see.
What brain are you actually using? Could you post it here, or point us to it, for us to look at?
--
Tom

Offline tantan

•  130 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 10:15:19 AM »
hi,

i did some more testing but it just seems to be a matter of waiting a while before the override in the mach kernel responses, in the brain debug window i see the value immediately changing if i turn the pot. as i said it is not a big problem, i was just curious.

thanks, tantan

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 10:19:20 AM »
Did you mean 30 seconds after Mach first starts, or 30 seconds after twirling the pot before anything happens? There is a bit of lag, but nowhere near 30 seconds, in mine. I think it's just Machs response to the override.

What do you have Config/General Config/LookAhead set to? If it's big, that might affect it.
--
Tom