Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:33:28 PM

Author Topic: windows crash while cutting  (Read 5436 times)

Offline coop

•  12 12
    • View Profile
    • Signs of Mackinaw
windows crash while cutting
« on: March 01, 2011, 02:43:05 PM »
Hello,
I am a veteran cnc/mach2/3 user and have runn this software for about 5 years sucessfully.

after not cutting for a month, I started cutting some sign files...2 or 3 cut fine...then the windows blue screen of death!

I tried reloading all the mach3 software, even loaded a newest version..same result.

Now, I tried 10 or 20 cuts (also the most recent file it crashed on, other it crashed on too)with only the mach software, no machine powered on....worked fine

Then i ran the same files with the machine on and the z up in the air...worked fine.

next i ran the same files over again with the spindle on up to speed, worked great.

Finally, I ran the real cuts again and it crashed again...

The control box is fine, no faults, the machine stops at different points each time.

Everything is greased well (suspecting some mechanical obstructions) but the software should fault I believe.

My next move is to swap computers with my other cnc machine in another location but I thought I
would try the forum first to save me a little work!
any help would be appreciated
bo
Re: windows crash while cutting
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 05:57:37 PM »
sounds like a problem I han on my mill, my problem was caused by the computer control box  being bolted to the machine base, cuts that gave off vibration would shake the hard drive causing it to loose its way, stopping travel then restarting by itself.
Chased my tails for months on this one. Mounted the control box on soft isolation mounts and problem gone forever

sven
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 09:51:15 PM »
I had a problem with the computer crashing and you’d never guess the problem was a loss video cable connector connection. The connector jack screws weren't tight.
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 08:50:36 PM »
cuts that gave off vibration would shake the hard drive causing it to loose its way

sven
i had exactly the same problem and replace HDD to SSD because i because i can't separate my PC from cnc  :)

look to my cnc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU5jZFaxqAQ
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 08:52:54 PM by romanos1983 »