Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:35:57 PM

Author Topic: windows 7  (Read 8432 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: windows 7
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 12:39:05 PM »
Not sure exactly what it will be called, at the moment its Mach3 Rev4 but what it will actually be when released I have no idea.
All your old hardware will still work fine :) The biggest change is one that you will not see, Brian has been basically starting from the ground up and redoing Mach so that its in seperate modules, this will hopefully make it a lot easier for him to do fixes as before often a fix would break something else not related.

Yes I can remember the dark old days of dial up, i have had broadband for about 7yrs now and would hate to go back, get about an 8Meg connection here in the house and about 11Meg at the workshop, so going back to 56K would be a killer LOL

Hood
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 12:57:12 PM »
Yes know what you are saying I get 5.6 meg . I have a wirelsee router ar so theat is what bell tels me all I know is that it runs at over 5 meg a sec. Ha I am just flying now. We still will not have broad band cable for at least 3 more years yet. I run of a cell tower 3 miles from here. the only one in walford that has high spped yet. what is this about breaking up the program . How will that work.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2011, 01:53:47 PM »
It is all internal, you wont see anything and it will be faster :)
Hood
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2011, 08:50:01 AM »
I haven't purchased Mach yet and have a question related to a previous statement, so I don't think I am hijacking this thread.

I have a Motion Group controller, which connects to the PC via the parallel port - www.motiongroup.com/cnc.shtml

It was designed to operate with a DOS operating system instead of Windows however, they have recently released an upgrade board for the controller box, which permits it to use Mach instead of their own DLX2000 software.  I have this board headed my way.

Thus, my question is this; will I be able to use W7 64-bit, or will I be forced into a 32-bit license instead?

andrewm

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 09:44:31 AM »
If it runs via the Parallel Port on the PC then a 64bit OS will not work in conjunction with Mach. You would need a 32bit OS.

:(