Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:36:35 AM

Author Topic: Mach's Future?  (Read 4137 times)

Offline eq007

•  17 17
    • View Profile
Mach's Future?
« on: February 22, 2011, 06:25:45 PM »
Since Quantum is dead, just what is the future for Mach? I'm looking into purchasing Mach3, but if in a short time (6 months or less) there is to be a new version or and upgrade such as Quantum was supposed to be, I will continue to wait on operating software for my homebrew CNC. I have done the demo of Mach and absolutely love it. I will not spend my money on anything else!

Thanks for any direction and in-site.

Chuck
Re: Mach's Future?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 06:57:25 PM »
Mach4 is on it's way I think.

No idea when it will be available.

Jeff
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 11:19:18 PM »
If you buy Mach3, you can always upgrade when mach4 comes out.  Upgrades are free.

Offline eq007

•  17 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 05:31:30 AM »
Thanks rrc. That was my next question. I think I'll go ahead and purchase then.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 03:53:29 PM »
I may be wrong BUT I don't think the new Mach4 will be a free upgrade. I had heard in the past that Mach3 was the last of the freebies.

(;-) TP
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 05:24:11 PM »
Well that's disappointing.  Maybe there will be an upgrade price.  I've been trying to upgrade M3 for a couple years now.  Every time I try to download the latest version I get nothing.  The download just hangs.  Is the latest version available from another download source?  I would like to be on the latest version.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 05:32:41 PM »
Well that's disappointing.  Maybe there will be an upgrade price.  I've been trying to upgrade M3 for a couple years now.  Every time I try to download the latest version I get nothing.  The download just hangs.  Is the latest version available from another download source?  I would like to be on the latest version.

As far as I know its undecided at the moment whether it will be the end of the free upgrades, IF it is then users with a licence will get it at an upgrade price as far as I am led to believe.

Regards the download, not sure why you are having the issues, have you tried a computer at a different address as it may be your connections problem as I have never heard of others with issues and its always been fine for me.

Hood
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 06:49:43 PM »
Interesting.  It downloaded fine with Internet Explorer.  Never even thought to try IE.