Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:33:06 AM

Author Topic: What Happened To My Code?  (Read 3288 times)

What Happened To My Code?
« on: February 22, 2011, 12:04:27 AM »
Greetings,
I've been using the same Mach 3 version (Only 6 months old) and my computer is dedicated to my CNC Mill (no internet nothing),  The past couple days my posts (not all of them but usually half) have been corrupted or something.  I do all my drawings on Coral Draw X4, then I use the Leonard Software to export the DXF, then into Visual Mill then I post it to Mach 3.  This is crazy and driving me almost the same tiring to figure this out.  Any idea or suggestions would be great.  I have added a picture to this post.  Look at the purple circles on the display.  WHY?

Regards,

Dennis
Re: What Happened To My Code?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 12:10:02 AM »
Could be some lead in lead out problem (probably not) or look in General config and verify if I.J. is incremental or absolute. Must be incremental

Other than that, don't know

Jeff

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 12:11:40 AM »
You could also post your code, this will help others to see what could be the problem

Jeff
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 12:17:01 AM »
I will see if I can find the code.  It maybe at work.  In Visual Mill I run the simulation and the purple swirls are not there.  It only occurs when I open the post in Mach3, if that helps.

I thought I would add this information.

Dennis
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 12:27:48 AM »
You code is probably good but Mach3 will take into account how it is set.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 04:28:52 AM »
Change the IJ mode on General Config to the opposite of what it is now.
Ideally your code should contain either G90.1 or G91.1 depending on which mode your CAM is posting arc code, that way it will not matter what is set as default in Mach.
Hood