Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:02:39 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 application aborts when loading g-code  (Read 3831 times)

Mach3 application aborts when loading g-code
« on: February 21, 2011, 02:20:53 PM »
I am currently running version R3.042.040 of Mach3. Running the application and controlling my router with G-code generated by a template works fine. But when I try to load an external G-code file (by pushing the load G-code button) the application abnormally shuts down. Relaunching the application only works after a reboot of the PC. I already uninstalled the virus scanner thinking an incompatibility issue might be the cause, without any result. Has anybody encountered a similar problem or might have an idea where to look?

Thanks for helping me out!

andrewm

Re: Mach3 application aborts when loading g-code
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 01:34:04 PM »
Are you trying to load a GCode file from a plug and play device? (IE: Thumb drive?)
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 02:30:52 AM »
AndrewM,

Thanks for you reply. The abnormal shutdown of the application happens instantaneous after selecting the load G-code button. Clicking the load G-code button or selecting load G-code from the file menu results in an application that all of a sudden disappears from the screen. (I never get a pop-up screen which allows me to select a file). Trying to restart the application by clicking the mach3 icon has no effect. The only thing I can do is shut down the PC by pushing the on/off button of the PC. A controlled shut down of windows XP is apparently not possible after an abnormal termination of Mach3.

andrewm

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 09:37:33 AM »
Try uninstalling mach3(make sure to copy any settings you want saved) and reinstalling the newest version found here:
http://www.machsupport.com/downloads.php
If you are installing the PP driver be sure to restart the PC after it installs, if you are using a external motion controller then you do not need to install that driver.

Let me know what happens.
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 09:40:23 AM »
Andrew,

Thanks for your help. I'll let you know what comes out!

Best regards,

Offline fast89

•  154 154
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 07:54:21 AM »
I know this is an old post but I'm having the exact same problem. What ended up resolving this? This is quite annoying because when it occurs, the tool settings are lost.