Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:39:45 PM

Author Topic: Grease pump  (Read 12490 times)

Re: Grease pump
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2011, 12:47:45 PM »
I don't know anything about that controller, but assuming it accepts a 24V input signal, you would just map a Mach pin to that input, then write a macropump to count and total pulses from the sensor. 
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2011, 05:00:28 PM »
I have one question. Is macropump fast enough to do counting? I've done some calculations. My machine has a top speed of 25 meters per minute and there is 150 teeth per 1 meter of rack. So at top speed the input will be triggered every 0,016s.
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2011, 05:23:50 PM »
Probably not.  You can count the pulses in a brain and update a DRO then use the macropump for the logic to execute the grease pump routine.  If you're dead set on doing this inside Mach3, there will be some limitations you'll have to work around.  Even then, you'll have a better functioning system if you do it outside of mach.  You can buy a CLICK PLC for about $80.  That and some sort of sensor and you have your grease system.  If you need something with high speed IO for counting pulses (not sure if the CLICK inputs will be fast enough) you're looking at about $100.
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2011, 09:10:08 AM »
I have made a brain that counts inputs and macropump to fire the output at specific set number of inputs. I set a DRO to see those input numbers. The problem is that these numbers in DRO are not saved while mach is closed and open again. When I open mach the dro reads zero counts. How to make those numbers to save in dro?
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2011, 02:41:30 PM »
After few hours I've tried again and now the DRO is stored after mach is closed and open. Strange, and I did nothing to the settings  ::)
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2011, 09:13:30 AM »
Persistent DRO's has to be checked on the general config screen.
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2011, 02:11:13 PM »
Persistent DRO's was checked all the time. I have problem with my brain. It can't count as fast as machine moves. Can somebody look at the brain and see what do I need to change to make it work. I'm not realy good at writing brains.

Peter
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2011, 02:59:34 PM »
Hi Peter, I'm no Brain writer either. Wish I could help there.
But, how bout affixing a small flag onto the pinion. Then just count once per full revolution.
Might pulse slowly enough to be seen / counted then.
Krazy glue might hold it. (if there's room of course)
Just a thought,
Russ

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2011, 03:13:23 PM »
Brains probably work at Machs update rate which is 10Hz, so any faster and I think you will have problems.
Industrial lathes and mills I have seen use lube pumps with timers, either mechanical or electronic and work on time powered on, can you not do something like that rather than axis movement?
Hood
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2011, 02:01:39 PM »
I found another way to count pulses. I've installed inductive sensor to count holes on the linear rail. The holes are 60mm appart.  When the sensor is above the hole, it switches off.  I've calculated that input will be off every 0.17s. Now the problem is still the same. Brain is still missing counts with top speed of 20m/min. Can someone tell me if there is something wrong with brain?