Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:24:37 PM

Author Topic: mach3 jog not working, timer not couting...  (Read 15141 times)

Re: mach3 jog not working, timer not couting...
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 05:20:07 PM »
my friend,

What I am saying is, when I fully load mach3 with its driver, nothing goes wrong on device manager. Every driver is loaded. But in this case, keyboard jog does not work, frequency is ZERO. When I uninstall everything(I also tried to re-install windows) and then install mach3 WITHOUT driver, jog is working but of course frequency says "SIMULATE".

What I'm interested is, laptop hardware maybe cannot run with mach3, okay.  in this case pulses must be delayed and steppers cannot follow the mach3. but even in this case frequency must be run and keyboard arrow keys, jog should work. Loading driver stops the timer. Even if there's no physical parallel port exists on computer.  that makes me crazy. because this means laptops and/or lpt ports can always cause problems without any error message. You cannot select a specific computer to run mach3. problems can raise EVEN system DOES NOT HAVE parallel port and you cannot know until you bought computer, bring home and install mach3.

I believe the design of mach3 driver causes it. And there's no solution. this laptop has parallel port. so it should work. OR should miss steps. But should NEVER stops its timer.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 05:45:58 PM »
I know that because it is a laptop is not the problem. I dont know what the problem is other than the driver is not working properly on that computer, why I have no idea. Usually when this happens then the special driver works but you have said it doesnt.
I have no answers for you I am afraid, maybe ask Mach support but I suspect they will tell you to get a desktop computer.
Hood
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 12:25:45 PM »
You probably have this working now, but I had a similar problem with my Mach 3 program.  Everything would work, except the timer would randomly stop or reset.

I found that the problem was with the Network Adapter.  All of my problems went away if I DISABLED the network adapter using the XP Device Manager.   So, I only activate the network adapter when I need to update my system ... otherwise it stays deactivated.
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 04:30:08 PM »
actually no, I could not make it run. first thing tomorrow, I'll try this. thanks....