Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:09:45 AM

Author Topic: Bad BOB???  (Read 9149 times)

Re: Bad BOB???
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 08:56:47 AM »
Sorry hood you are right my math isnt my best thing. thst is why I said aprox.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 09:11:49 AM »
No probs Larry, I know enough about electricity to be dangerous so I try to be careful with it :)

Hood
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 03:13:41 AM »
Larry, I tried using the extra drive output, seems that even though I felt it worked better, it still played stalled on arcs.  I really think that this Toshiba board isn't doing the job???  I'm seriously thinking of purchasing a Geckodrive 540 to replace it with. 
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 05:36:26 PM »
why are you going to use a 540 geko drive I use a 201  or 210 gecko drive with a  c10 interface  and I have no trouble I think the gecko no. is 210 look at there web site It works well for me . I use 450 stepper motors  Cheaper than the othe bigger driver.
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2011, 05:48:27 PM »
Larry, I tried using the extra drive output, seems that even though I felt it worked better, it still played stalled on arcs.  I really think that this Toshiba board isn't doing the job???  I'm seriously thinking of purchasing a Geckodrive 540 to replace it with. 

As a replacement for the Toshiba board. the G540 would be a great choice. Coupled with a 48V 7A power supply it makes a neat self contained 4 axis stepper drive system.

I currently have the G540 on sale for US$249.00
http://homanndesigns.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=80

Cheers,

Peter.
----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 06:31:54 PM »
Okay I was just wondering I just used 3 geckos 210s and a c10 board found at( cnc 4pc)  it works well and I never had any problems. I was going to use a 4 axiz board when I started to design the mache 4 years ago but quickl changed my mind for the  same reason you are changing boards now If one axiz goes you chang everything . with a interface board and three or 4 geckos just unhook and change the part you need.  I was wondering are you sure you dont have a problem with mach a adjustment or somthing. one of the other forum members in this section on the same page was having trouble with his motor stoping for a second then starting again. somthing to do with his setting I think . Check his site and see if he is having the same problem.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 06:36:17 PM »
Larry, the G540 is actually 4 seperate drives that plug into a motherboard which acts as a breakout so you have the best of both worlds. Its lower volt and current than Geckos other stepper drives but its aimed at the smaller stepper market
Hood
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2011, 06:57:30 PM »
Ha that is a good idea. So you can take the board apart and chang just one drive . I will have to check that out . Does it also have a icealated breakout board built in also.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 07:00:47 PM »
Yes you can do that and they are relatively cheap compared to the bigger Geckos. The BOB I believe has opto isolation but best check that out in the docs as I have never read them properly as its not really the type of thing I would use as all my machines are bigger and I tend to use servos.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2011, 07:03:51 PM »
Larry, heres the specs from Peters site

G540 Specifications:
      - Four 10-Microstep motor drives
      - 0 to 3.5A rated phase current
      - 18VDC to 50VDC supply voltage