Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:43:46 AM

Author Topic: limits not being disabled  (Read 6019 times)

limits not being disabled
« on: February 17, 2011, 08:33:19 AM »
Hi,
I'm using a DMC4060 and have shared limits/homes.
I've ticked the 'use limits as homes' as I presume this disables limits when homing.
Unfortunately when homing the limits still get triggered and I get the Emessage = "22 Begin not possible due to limit switch." flashing up.
I've attached the debug file.
Hope you can help.
Thanks

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: limits not being disabled
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 06:26:58 PM »
You have your + and - limits swapped.  When a limit is triggered, you can only move the axis AWAY from the switch.  Otherwise, you will get error 22. 

In your case, when the axis hit the limit, the homing routines reverse the motion.  But the the Galil thinks that the reversed motion is toward the switch!

Just re-wire to swap the limits.

Steve

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 06:29:33 PM »
BTW, thanks for posting your GalilDebug.txt file.  It really helps us answer questions. 

Steve
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 05:13:05 AM »
Steve,
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I actualy only have one switch per axis that travels with the axis so whichever end it hits it triggers both limits and home. The switches are all active high (although I can change this).
When homing in Mach3 the axis moves slowly till it triggers the limit/home and then stops with no further movement.

When using the Galil console I have to call the LD command to disbable both limits for an axis then HM to call the homing sequence and it all works fine.
Going through the debug files, it shows the soft limits disabled but not limit switches.

I also have two rotational axes that have switches that only trigger home (limit wires unnatached) and these work fine when homing in Mach3.

Tristan

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 04:20:07 PM »
Yes, you will get an error 22 if both limits are active at the same time.  We do not use the LD command, as it is specific to the Accelera controllers only.  :(

What you could do it use the Notify commands from the RefAll button script to send your disable LD commands to the controller when the home operation starts and the re-enable LD commands when the home operation stops. 

Change the script to something like this:

Notify( 3000 ) ' disable limits for the X, Y and Z axes.
DoButton( 24 )
DoButton( 23 )
DoButton( 22 )
DoButton( 25 )
Notify( 3001 ) ' enable limits for the X, Y and Z axes.

DoOEMButton(133)
DoOEMButton(134)
DoOEMButton(135)

Then in the plugin config Notify tab, add some Galil commands to ID 3000 and 3001

3000: LD 3,3,3
3001: LD 0,0,0

But...  you will still have problems jogging off a limit switch if you hit one during normal operation.  So you may want to add a button to your screen (using screen4) and do a similar disable limits Notify call so that you can move off the switch.

Steve
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 04:40:57 PM »
Excellent, will give it a go.
Thanks
Tristan
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 03:30:41 PM »
Had a similar problem with a home-built machine.  I had my debounce interval too low.  I have it set on 150 now, and never have a problem.  The wiring was too noisy to hold a steady signal from my limit switches, so Mach3 read it as hitting the switch, coming off, and then hitting it again, before it ever traveled away from the switch.
Just a thought.
Galil cout polarity
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 12:14:48 PM »
The Galil count in Galil tools is opposite of the Mach3 DRO's A negative move in Galil is a positive move in Mach3.
Any Ideas? It is a DMC2142.