Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:52:45 AM

Author Topic: Home switch stopped working...  (Read 4891 times)

Home switch stopped working...
« on: February 15, 2011, 05:55:17 PM »
I've had my machine up and running for a couple of weeks now, this is the first problem I've had with the home switches. I took the motors off to re-square the gantry and when I put it back together I hit the Ref All to zero everything out for a test run and the X (I have dual driven A slaved to X, the A seems fine) kept right on going past the home switch.

I am running Mach3 (licensed). I have the switches enabled in the Homing/Limits screen. The LED on the diagnostic page shows it working on the X and A axes. I enabled the switches as limit switches as well, but that still didn't help.

I'm not sure what could be going on here? I did switch out the screens, but I switched them back to standard and that didn't help.

I can't think of anything I changed today that would have made it do this, it was working fine yesterday afternoon. The only thing I've changed about that particular switch in the past few days was that I used 1 of the 2 free wires (it is 4 wire shielded with a bare ground) as a ground to the frame. Could this be causing noise/bounce issues? I'm not sure why they wouldn't have manifested right away if that is the case...

Thanks!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Home switch stopped working...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 06:47:26 PM »
So if you press each switch you see the LEDs light in Diagnostics?
Can you attach your xml please.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 08:34:08 AM »
This is my XML file, I started with the stock Gecko xml file. Maybe I fooled something up...
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 09:01:42 AM »
OK, just for confirmation I started it up with the stock G540 xml file from Gecko and reset all of my normal settings. Still doing it. I also replaced the microswitch yesterday afternoon.
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 09:59:28 AM »
Very frustrated. I checked all my connectors. Took the motor apart. Took the db9 housings off and checked the all the connections. This screenshot shows a pin lit, but I'm not sure if it is supposed to be?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 10:11:19 AM »
xml looks fine, if you press each switch in turn do you see X Y and A home LEDs lighting on the diagnostics page?
Hood
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 10:43:01 AM »
xml looks fine, if you press each switch in turn do you see X Y and A home LEDs lighting on the diagnostics page?
Hood

Yes, they all light up on the diagnostics page. Also, the Y axis homes correctly before the X & A try to home. I am now not sure that the A is homing correctly. It looks like it is the X & A, which makes more sense since they are slaved.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 10:46:39 AM »
Ok, just noticed you have A axis set as angular in General Config, not sure if it would make a difference. Also not sure about the Home Slave with Master setting, you have it unchecked. I have never  had a slaved axis other than the dual spindles on the coil winder so not sure which way these should be.
Hood
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 10:59:02 AM »
Ok, just noticed you have A axis set as angular in General Config, not sure if it would make a difference. Also not sure about the Home Slave with Master setting, you have it unchecked. I have never  had a slaved axis other than the dual spindles on the coil winder so not sure which way these should be.
Hood

Bingo! Thanks Hood! It wasn't the A is angular, I had already tried that. I don't know how it got unchecked (or if it was ever checked) but setting the Home Slave with Master setting fixed it.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 11:28:20 AM »
Glad its sorted :)

Hood