Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:50:29 AM

Author Topic: Closed loop options?  (Read 11975 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Closed loop options?
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2011, 04:39:35 AM »
Have attached the code for the PCB I made, it says .5mm dia cutter but I actually used a 60 degree engraving cutter in the end.
Have also attached an iges of the board, just have to make sure you make it the right way round ;)

Presume thats H-4050 motors? They should work 1:1 but you may need to get some active shunts for the drives. I think the 009 drives are micro drives so no shunt circuitry in them. I have 020 drives and I still needed the active shunts to get the best accel I could, see pic.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2011, 04:48:57 AM »
Sorry file was to big, if you want the actual file, PM me your email and I will send it. Also say what format you need, IGES? DXF? etc
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2011, 04:47:43 PM »
Hood
  Sorry typo on the motors they are F-4050 ferrite magnet motors.
The 1398-009 are very much the same as a 2098-010 in size just older.
I was worried about needing active shunts and I will be on the look out for them.
I have been looking for the proper cables for my motors and they are quite pricey.
Did you use allen-bradley cables or did you make your own?
PM sent DXF is fine

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2011, 04:59:13 PM »
Ah ok, thought it more likely it was the H series as J is nearest to H or at least on our keyboards.
Yes have had a few of the DDM's but some of them were full sized drives, cant recall the exact model numbers of them though.
BTW the Giddings and Lewis DSM drives are the same just in case you find some and are wondering.
I made most of my cables up myself, on the mill I actually took the motors connectors off and made up a connection board as the mil spec connectors are very expensive, then a few weeks later I bought 3 motors from eBay and the guy sent a load of cables and connectors that he had ;D

Hood
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2011, 08:21:21 PM »
Hood
   I also found that some of the reliance drives are the same as the AB drives.
Yes same thing here on the cables connectors are expensive and cable from AB are real expensive.
I will find some from some of the surplus guys around here eventually or make my own.
I did find a cable manufacture that makes cables for around 100 us dollars each.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2011, 08:40:17 PM »
Yes, Reliance and also Electro-Craft, they were I think swallowed up by Allen Bradley who are now part of Rockwell Automation. If you see reliance or ElectroCraft drives be careful as there are ones that predated the DDM drives, think they are just DM and they are analogue only. I have a few of them but badged Osai who were also once part of Allen Bradley, they are a PITA drives as you need to get a motor and drive matched, there is a personality chip you can get programmed to match the motor but obviously that costs and when I was testing them out it just suddenly died and the module was wiped, was going to cost me £50 plus to get it reprogrammed but luckily the DSA drives turned up so I gave up with the step/dir to analogue idea :)

I bought a 25m reel of cable for around £50 I think from RS components and made all the cables up, I bought a load of the 45pin connectors for the drive from a place in the UK called Rapid, they had a clearance on and I think they were 10p each so the cables ended up quite cheap. For the power cables I bought some SY cable from eBay.

Hood
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 12:42:20 AM »
Hood,
   I have found the connectors for my drives they are made by 3M and some online suppliers.
I am still looking for the motor AMP connector part numbers for the F-4050 motors when I find them I will make me up some cables.
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2011, 01:04:09 AM »
I got mine from Allied.  Amphenol I believe.
About $35 for the 19 pin encoder, $25 or so for the motor power.
I think I searched these #'s at Allied and found them.
Yup ... http://www.alliedelec.com/search/searchresults.aspx?N=0&Ntk=Primary&Ntt=MS3106F20-29S

Russ

Edit: I see Mouser has them also.
http://www.mouser.com/Interconnects/_/N-5g3y?Keyword=MS3106F20-29S&FS=True
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 01:28:24 AM by Overloaded »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2011, 03:19:37 AM »
LOL you guys get them cheap, I was £70 or so for two, thats about $100 or so :(
Hood
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2011, 07:20:39 PM »
Thanks Overloaded for the parts #s is this for the F series motors?