Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 10:24:27 AM

Author Topic: Tool offsets and long delays vs Work offsets - help  (Read 14847 times)

Offline rcaffin

•  1,054 1,054
    • View Profile
Re: Tool offsets and long delays vs Work offsets - help
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 07:10:25 PM »
The tools3.dat, renamed as TXT because I can't upload DAT files here.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 07:41:41 PM »
Well afraid I cant seem to load your code, get a too many nests error. Looked at it and its way beyond my knowledge of code ;)
However I loaded your xml and tooltable and ran some of my code and it ran fine, spindle only stopping when commanded and not at tool changes so I am guessing that its your code that is doing the stopping.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 07:47:27 PM »
Oh BTW if you are threading you really want to have Use Spindle Feedback in Sync Mode chosen.
Hood

Offline rcaffin

•  1,054 1,054
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 07:50:54 PM »
Now that is WEIRD! All my code looks like that and loads and runs just fine.
OK, I have about 40+ years experience programming computers at all levels, so I tend to think that way. Mind-set!

I have attached a very simple version of that program with just one subroutine call. Could you try it maybe?

Spindle mode for threading - yes, I do that on the 'real' machine. The XML is from my simulation machine.

Cheers
Roger

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2011, 07:54:01 PM »
Ok get return called with no sub in effect looping error with that one.
Hood

Offline rcaffin

•  1,054 1,054
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 08:16:08 PM »
Damn!
Rule 1 of SW: there is always one more bug in the code than you think. That was a hacked down version of the original of course, and there was a superfluous m99 in it.
The attached has been fixed and tested.

I am wondering whether the real problem is the M3 instruction after the tool change. That basically says to start spinning, and should be a no-op if the spindle is running. I need to look at the macro  to see just what it does.

Cheers

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 02:19:57 AM »
Sorry had to sleep ;D
Just tested with your xml and the only time the spindle switches off is at the end so looks like your M3 macro could well be the issue.
Hood

Offline rcaffin

•  1,054 1,054
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 03:54:59 AM »
Just tested with your xml and the only time the spindle switches off is at the end so looks like your M3 macro could well be the issue.
Nice thought, and I wish it was so. But all that is in M3.m1s is:  DoSpinCW()

If I leave the M3 call out, the spindle still stops when it gets a Tn0n command. It just doesn't start again.
So I have to say I think it is the T command which is doing the stopping - even when AutoChanger is selected.

Is there some other switch in the XML or elsewhere I wonder?
V3.042.040

Cheers

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 06:15:01 AM »
I am testing with the latest lockdown but will go load the older version you have just in case that makes a difference but definitely no spindle stop here at tool change. The only other thing that is different is I am using a different screenset as I dont have the one you have loaded, so may be worth trying the standard screenset.
Only other things I can think of that could affect things is if you have a plugin or brain or macropump that is interacting. You dont have macropump enabled in the xml but not sure about the others.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 06:25:04 AM »
Just loaded 042.040 and its still fine, so look at screenset, brains and plugins to see if there is something there that could be the issue.
Hood