Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:17:59 AM

Author Topic: need help conveting hpgl files to work on mach  (Read 14859 times)

Re: need help conveting hpgl files to work on mach
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 09:37:17 AM »
Hi Tweekie I tried to put the file on the computer it just gave me a error message . It said some file missing and it was stoped. I will try again and write down the message or maybe even try it on the other computer. I will get back to you . Tere must be some time difference between us the message board said you posted 12 oclock last nidht and again at 5 this mornig . Where are you .

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 11:50:17 AM »
Hi Larry,

There is a reasonable time difference, I am approx 6,000km due east of you so I get to see the sunrise first  ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 04:59:50 PM »
Hi tweekie the program doesnt work. it will not start up I get a pop up that says component 'comdlg32.ocx'or one of its dependencies not correct, rigistered a file missing or invalid   do you ever get this message or do I have to register it or what.
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 10:37:36 PM »
Hi I think maybe it might need a licence code or something as it was saying only got so many day till it expires or need a licence.  I couldnt find the program on the web. do they still have a web site. I dont know. just scratching my head.....

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 02:11:19 AM »
Hi larry,

There are probably run time files which were installed on my PC which are not on yours thus the error.

Try LazyCam and see how you get on with that.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 11:09:20 AM »
OKay.  I have lazy cam it just takes pctures or files like dxf etc and runs them trough lazy cam and outputs them as gcode. It doesnt convert files does it . Maybe I am missing something.  Is there a web site for that program that I could get the original program from. I have looked but havent seen it. There is a lot of target to gcode programs out there but they are  for  cuircut board use. I also found one that converts hpgl files but they convert the file to bit maps. Then they make a gcode from that. so they will not be able to do the corner offsets for vyl cutting. The more I check I have come to wonder if the ofset really is that much of a deal. I will not be cutting anything really small like 1/4 inch or so.  Maybe all I need to worry about is the overlap at the end of the line. Aspire has a lead in and a lead out so I can set the overcutt to .025 mm and the cut should be enough to make the picking easy . as the cutt will overap on the end. what do you think

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 11:35:08 AM »
Hi Dan,

I will try to answer your questions best I can.

I cut a lot of vinyl on my CNC using a drag knife with 0.5mm tip offset - the corner rounding has never been a problem.

LazyCam - top left click on 'File' where you will see that you can open HPGL and PLT files. Once they have been converted to GCode you can feed them direct to Mach3 for output to your machine or save them as a GCode file.

Target2GCode is available on the 'Majosoft' website (you will have to search for it) http://majosoft.com/ but it sounds like it is the VB runtime components that you are missing and these can be obtained from the Microsoft website http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290887

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 11:47:50 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 12:04:37 PM »
Thanks tweakie Sorry I have been getting your name wrong I thouhgt it was teetie  SORRY I hope you can forgive me. You dont find the round corners bad . Thanks. I already use aspire I have been for the last 3 years. I love the program. I debated over the cost but in the end I am glad I got it. It was running in minutes of putting it on the computer. learn curve very short. But back to the vynl cutting It is a vb run time component That I am missing. I saw that some were in one of the files. 99 % of what I will be cutting will be big thing like you are cutting. The only difference I want to cut stensils for painting on toys that I make for small children. also I need to do some plotting but aspire works good for it. acaully it is over kill. Sorry if I have been a pain in the you know were.  But I have been trying to make a post proccessor to convert the program to work with mach.  a man in holand did but I have been having a hard time trying to get a hold of him. He said It doesnt do the offsets. so he gave up. I have learned a lot in the last couple of weeks. But I am also about ready to take a break at it . This doing a proccessor is very complicated. One minute the numbers start to look like words and make since the next they fade away  and I seem to be looking at something all together differnt.  This cnc work is somthing else .I like the work you do
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2011, 12:10:16 PM »
My eyes are playing tricks on me I had your name right all along Sorry. I am older and my eyes somtimes sees what is not there. I am going from one computer to the next so It takes a few minutes to get back to you.
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2011, 08:57:40 AM »
You know tweekie after I talked with you yesterday I was loking at the different codes 3 types of g code and the plgl code they all say the same thing basically. I was able to see the same steps and everything . The only thing that was different was that the hpgl code had a line withAA or  acute angle but now I am having trouble trying to figure out how to make one version tell the other what to do. like talking russion to a chinese. the machine code says error. once I can get over that the machine seems to go were its told.