Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:11:53 AM

Author Topic: Load Mach3 to Laptop  (Read 5711 times)

Load Mach3 to Laptop
« on: November 18, 2006, 01:29:09 PM »
Need Help!
 I got Mach3  1.84.002 and Mach1Lic.dat from Art. I tried loading it to my Laptop to use in the shop (it is not connected to the internet), no good - it acted like it was searching for files. I loaded it on my desktop (on the internet), it loaded fine and seems to work OK. What am I doing wrong? I don't have access to internet from the shop.

Thanks for your help,
James
Re: Load Mach3 to Laptop
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 10:29:58 AM »
run the Driver test on the laptop and tell me what you see for a graph.

thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 03:39:10 PM »
Hi Brian,
 Thanks for the reply. When I was loading the software I got this on the screen (please wait while setup is registering ocx/dll files).
 I opened Driver Test file and re-booted the computer. Mach3 comes up on the screen and I can click offline and then click reset - acting OK. I went diagnostics Alt-7 (pulse frequency between 26035 to 27024  Dbl Plse 3,  cpu speed +501.0000 Mhz). Then I run Driver Test - Timer variations straight pulses at 42 then drops down to about 12 (only for a short period) then back to straight line at 42. Pulse per second / 25 hz mode moved up and down around 24391. CPU speed on screen was 501. I read somewhere the frequency needs to be not below 23000 and not above 25000.

Thank you,
James
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 08:33:41 PM »
when I loaded Mc3 admitidly it was 1.84.000 and my Lappy didn't have the power to drive the parrallel ports, but I was able to use it fine and I wasn't on the net
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 05:49:10 PM »
Looks like you are going to have to run the optimization.. there is a doc on the Support page that can help you with this.

Thanks
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 05:57:26 PM »
I also noticed that you are running a laptop with a 500 mhz processor. This is less than half the recommended speed. How much ram do you have?

Chad
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 11:46:32 PM »
Chad,
 I have a Gateway Solo laptop with Windows 2000.     X86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1        AT/AT compatible: With  163,312 KB Ram.
Driver Test  file worked fine. Time between pulses (uS) will look good (straight line) then it will spike down for 200 - 800    1/25 second scale.
Do I need more Ram?           Would I be better off using Mach2 for this laptop?

Thanks,
James

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 05:22:01 AM »
OOhf , You are so on the edge. 

Windows 2000 will take up most of that ram, it is not as bad as xp but still. I would also imagine that your computer is using shared memory for the video also. What this means is your os and video are taking all of the available on board memory just to sit there. When you load programs the computer has to use virtual memory for everything else. Virtual memory is temporary memory that is written to the disk drive. Laptop disk drives are slow at best and OLD laptop drives are even slower.

Is this a fresh clean install of windows 2k? That would be the first place to start. Second would be to try mach2 . Mach 3 is pretty much out of the question, it just needs more resources than that hardware can supply.

Software progresses with hardware. It is just a fact of life. Unfortunately that machine is just not up to snuff. I know it sucks, i have a handful of pc's sitting around that i would like to put to work, they just don't have enough power to do anything with.  Even if you do get thing running on that laptop it won't be a pleasurable experience. The other problem is lots of laptops just plain don't get along with mach, they have lots of custom and funky hardware to make things small , performance is second.

Good luck

Chad

I just did a search for a gateway solo laptop and found a archive from Jul 14 '97 - That machine probably had win 98 on it 9 years ago , you are lucky 2k will even boot.  :D
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 05:46:05 AM »
Dear Sir,
On Feb 2006 we buy CNC mini router RMS 3030.After all set up we have problem:
We used March 3 soft ware.
Problem:
In our computer the program is running and do their cutting work BUT the X, Y, and Z axis in CNC Machine are not moving at all.
Please be advice how I am to over come this problem

Thank a million for your HELP.

Best Regards
Ruslan from Malaysia ???

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 09:11:11 AM »
Hey Ruslan,
    The DROs are counting on the screen but the motors do not move. This could be a lot of things.
Do you have any documents on your hardware? Drives, breakout board, etc.
Can you give us some screen shoots of your config pages? Ports and pins etc.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!