Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:29:33 PM

Author Topic: some help for a mach3 newbie please  (Read 2728 times)

some help for a mach3 newbie please
« on: February 12, 2011, 12:06:05 PM »
Hi, I have recently upgraded an old Isel router to run from Vectric cut2d and Mach3, so far I have been having great success with both but I have got 1 small problem that I cant find an answer to on the forums it is this, when I load mach3 in windows XP it runs as it should but if I leave it idle for any length of time say half an hour then it fails to respond or moves very very slowly from the arrow keys, the only solution is to shut the program down and reload, I would be grateful for any suggestions, I have uploaded a small video on youtube of the first time I got it going earlier this week  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXbSbShJqpg  I will hope to load more of it doing some signs, thanks Doug

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: some help for a mach3 newbie please
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 09:38:03 PM »
Sounds like you may have something on the computer that is loading the processor and interfering with Mach. It is best to have a clean install with no other programmes loaded.
Could also be some sort of power saving features and as windows does  not really see Machs driver as a normal driver then windows will think nothing is happening so throttle back on the CPU.
Hood
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 09:39:50 PM by Hood »
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 01:56:08 PM »
thanks again Hood, I think I might try another computer and see if that helps, Spent today tidying up the wiring and putting all the hardware in a casing so it is all taking shape :) doug
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 05:45:01 PM »
Hi, reinstalled windows from scratch and problem solved, I had some small trouble with the external estop activating without being hit but managed to get info from this web site on debounce settings and it seems to be fine now, after playing around for a few days I have managed to do a couple of real jobs with out problem. I really like both mach3 and vectric now I am getting more familiar with them. I made a prototype extraction hood from some perspex, a piece of waste plumbing pipe and some door  brush draught excluder which seems to work well, here is a little video of some work I have been doing lately http://www.youtube.com/user/dougiedot#p/a/u/0/fq-UrAC5DM8 I added some music over the video to drown out the noise of the machine, Doug