Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:01:14 AM

Author Topic: Changing init line  (Read 6514 times)

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
    • Algie Composite Aircraft
Changing init line
« on: November 18, 2006, 02:11:38 AM »
Using Mach3 184.001 on my lathe. I run the wizards for canned cycles, these are great BTW, but I would like to change the initialzation string in the first line it comes up with when you post the code out. Brian or anyone, any ideas on how to do this, if at all possible? Thanks.
Dave.
Re: Changing init line
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 08:05:23 AM »
You will have to edit the VB code in the wizard set... This is not that hard al you need to do is press the Edit button script and press on the one that you would like to edit.

Look for something like      CODE "G00 G80 G40 G50 " and change it to whatever you like. Once you change it save the code and close the VB editor and then you need to save the screen set.

Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 10:14:39 AM »
Thanks Brian, I'll give it a try.

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 03:45:13 PM »
Brian, the lathe turn wizards seem to be a bit confusing to me, I can't find which files to edit, I found one , I think it was a 1076 file, and found the code in it, changed it but it didn't do it.  In the basic turn wizards, where will I find the files, and is there a different file for each wizard? I just got my lathe back up and running again, been down for awhile as I have been busy with other stuff. Thanks, Dave.
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 04:32:28 PM »
You should actually go to the wizzard screen, and go to the operator menu at the top, and select edit button script.
you will see buttons that have a VB script flash, click on any of the buttons and the script embedded in it will show up.
look for the string brian said and change it to whatever you want it to be. then save it, and thats it.

You should look on any of the flashing buttons, but most likely it will be the button you press to post the code.
Hope that helps
Regards
Fernando

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 06:31:15 PM »
Ahh, that makes sense, thanks Fernando!

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 02:22:11 PM »
Well, I can't find the "Edit button script" in the pulldown menu while in or out of the wizard screen. I think the lathe setup doesen't have it for some reason, or I can't find it, either way. Any ideas? Version of Mach is 1.84.002 for lathe.

Hood

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 02:44:16 PM »
Its definitely in the later versions of Mach Turn, think 1.9? onwards.
 You could probably use the old screen designer to edit the button scripts as I think that was the way it was done before screen4 came out.
Hood
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 04:33:44 PM »
Thats right hood.

Either upgrade your mach version (BACKUP YOUR XML!!!) or downgrade to the screen designer that came with mach 3 a while ago, you can find that in the downloads section of this support page.

Regards
Fernando

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 08:25:42 PM »
Not sure I should upgrade Mach as it's a lathe and read on here somewhere that 1.84 was best for lathe use. The lathe software hasn't gotten an upgrade for awhile I guess.. I'll keep looking for it, thanks.