Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:48:39 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 with a DMC-2162 (Aero)  (Read 26464 times)

Re: Mach3 with a DMC-2162 (Aero)
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2011, 10:56:47 AM »
you should be able to set the yaskawa to +/-10v in its parameters. have you fully checked its manual? yaskawa are normally pretty comprehensive in what they can do
if it was rigid tapping before it should be able to do it again!
have you tried applying a small reverse voltage to it? see if it runs reversed?
if its not broken yet, fit more gadgets!
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2011, 04:51:35 PM »
Well thanks to battwell for making me look harder into the VFD. I know now that it DOES see +/-10VDC!!! I tested this by going into GalilTools and typing OFE=5, the spindle went CW, then I set it to OFE=-5 and the spindle went CCW( +5VDC with OFE=5 and -5VDC when OFE=-5) Anyway, even though that all works I still can't get movement, even from GalilTools with the JG command. I unplug my spindle command from the ICM and test the voltage when I type JGE=5000, it ramps to 10VDC (do to the fact the encoder isn't moving). But when I plug the spindle back in and command JGE=5000, I get 10VDC but the spindle wont move :(

I noticed also, in the VFD manual, that my Spindle Forward relay must be on for movement. If you remember I said that when ever I enable the "spindle forward" output the spindle rotates at around .75RPM. could this be a problem with Galil commanding it to move... when it is already moving? I thought that might be the case so I put in my M3 and M4 macro to turn that output on right before it makes a move... but it still wont move.

Any help would be great,

Aero

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2011, 07:36:45 PM »
I bet there is still a VFD config issue.  What is the model number of the VFD?  I'll see what I can dig up.

Steve
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2011, 02:41:13 AM »
with mach on and commanding a spindle rotate. ie m3 s5000 etc
open smarterm
use tools/ view data record
check motor shows as on.
with my 2280 i had to send command she using the notifyplugins feature in mach.
for some reason the plugin just wouldnt turn it on. that was my work around. added to my m3 script
also added to m5   moe  ofe=0 to turn it off

do you have the run command ( fwd) being sent as an output to allow the vfd to go into run mode- should show run light on yaskawa drive.
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2011, 01:12:34 PM »
all sorted? youve gone quiet...lol
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2011, 02:21:06 PM »
all sorted? youve gone quiet...lol

Sorry I have been on the phone with everyone it seems :P
I called Yaskawa (the VFD maker) and the tech explained to me that when the VFD sees 1v on the signal wire it goes a certain RPM, say 500RPM. The VFD sees that as a speed reference, then it takes care of keeping the spindle motor at that RPM, cutter load etc.. So setting it up as a JG (aka servo) isn't going to work, I have played with all the GalilTools settings (PID, FV etc.) and I can't get control over the drive. Every time Galil tries to loop the position error by adding or subtracting volts the VFD think the Galil want it to go slower or faster!!

So I think for now I'm out of luck for ridged tapping, until something is changed either in the Galil or the plugin (which I would think it would need to be Galil, since the way they handle the gearing).

For Smurph: Is there anyway you can add the SH command for the "E" drive also? I see in the debug that SH is only used for "ABC and D". I have the spindle RDY (aka amp enable) hooked up to the amp enable on my ICM-2900, but without that in the plugin it wont enable my spindle.

Many thanks to all,

Aero
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2011, 05:04:20 PM »
thats how its supposed to work.
it needs to catch up it goes faster.
getting ahead it goes slower.
but its done at extemely small increments (0.0003volts)
as long as it has acceleration set fast  in the drive it should be instantaneous.
check what the acceleration is set at in the drive, deceleration also.

is the analogue to the vfd on the speed or torque input?

if you want to do rigid tapping you may have to hook the spindle to another axis too, switched on only for rigid tapping. that way it could be interpolated, unless the interpolating axis is geared to move following the encoder count of the spindle? not sure which method would be recommended. is there a z pulse available on the spindle encoder for a timing mark?
wish i had a mill to try this out!
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2011, 05:11:11 PM »
to see if the vfd will be suitable for rigid tapping try this.
connect it to an axis (x y z etc)
set the pid up in the galil for the vfd and see how accurate you can get it to move as an axis following its encoder count
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2011, 04:07:17 PM »
OK, I have decided to leave the spindle alone for now (going to run it with the OF).

Now I'm adjusting my backlash. I have around .0009 on my X-axis. I go into config>backlash and set X backlash to .0009. I enable backlash and restart Mach. I then home my X-axis and check the backlash again. I get the same .0009 of backlash, I changed the X backlash to .005 and I see no difference. I have changed the backlash feedrate from 20%, 50% and 75%, no change. I have servo drives. What am I doing wrong?

I also got my MPG working. When I have the increments set to anything higher than .0001 the motors make a lot of noise. Is there anything I can do to make then smoother?

Thanks,

Aero