Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:20:06 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 with a DMC-2162 (Aero)  (Read 26467 times)

Re: Mach3 with a DMC-2162 (Aero)
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2011, 03:17:22 PM »
So it wont read the encoder? I wont be able to do ridged tapping?

Thanks,

Aero

Offline DC

•  4 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2011, 04:29:56 PM »
Hi I am kind of new to MACH3 , would appreciate any help on the following problem with Galil DMC-2143 board

Problem statement : Unable to get MACH3 to talk to DMC-2143

When I press the Reset button on MACH3, I get a message " Galil Card not connected after reset "

Pressed Reset button again, I got message "Estop Button Pressed"

This is how I configured my PC

Windows 7, 64 bit on AMD Phenom II processor
Crossed network cable used between PC & Galil card
Smartterm running in the background
Window registry updated using Smartterm
Galiltools run fine
IP set to static IP
Galil plugin installed successfullly
Did not install Parallel Port driver
Checked Galil.dll is in Mach3/plugins directory
MACH3 acknowledged seeing the Galil card under Configure Plugin

Question : Where is the Estop Button ?  Is it a hardware switch from Galil ?
The message in MACH3 said that it could not connect to Galil so I assume it is not a hardware problem
If it is a button on MACH3 please help me locate it

Maybe it is something else that I overlooked, much appreciate any help you can offer

Thanks

Pardon my ignorance being new to MACH3

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2011, 04:32:55 PM »
Did you go to config>config plugins ?
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2011, 04:33:38 PM »
OK never mind, just read through your WHOLE post :P
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2011, 04:35:40 PM »
Did you click on the yellow "CONFIG" button under config>config plugins? That is where you set the plugin up. One the first tab there is a drop down that should have your Galil card in it.

Aero
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2011, 05:23:18 PM »
The reset button is the e-stop, so when you press the reset button the first time it tells you that the Galil card isn't being seen, the second time you press the reset button it is now in e-stop.
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2011, 06:23:09 PM »
OK, I turned off the "Spindle has encoder" in the Galil plugin. I put my spinforward output in the M3 macro. I'm still not getting the right movement from my spindle. I noticed in the Galildebug file that OFE=-1.099. Should it be positive?

Let me list this out for you. I have 5 outputs that are used for my spindle:

The first output is the spindle forward. This connects to the "FWD" connection on the VFD. (The manual shows a "FWD" and a "REV", it can use either one. If "FWD" is active then the spindle runs CW, if "FWD" is inactive then it runs CCW. I don't have anything hooked to "REV").

The second output is "SSC" Soft Start Cancel. The manual says that this is used to shorten the Accel and Decel, mostly for ridged tapping.

The third and forth output are low and high gear. I have a solenoid that shifts the gear box from high to low gear. The low gear output runs two relays, one for the low gear solenoid and the other relay goes to the "LGR" on the VFD. (According to the manual this is used for gear ratio within the VFD, to optimize control).

The fifth output is spindle orientation.(This turns on and off the spindle orientation).

In my M3 macro I have this:

ActivateSignal(OUTPUT1) 'Spindle Forward
Sleep (100)
ActivateSignal(OUTPUT8) 'Low Gear (also changes state of gear ratio in the VFD)
Sleep (100)
DoSpinCW()

That enables all the outputs I need to check the spindle (I have checked and when I issue a M3S100 the outputs come on).

I have noticed that if I enable just the spindle forward output the spindle spins at the same speed as if I issue an M3 (Which is close to .5 - .75 RPM).

I'm at a loss here on what to do next. Please help :)

Thanks,

Aero
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 06:35:05 PM by Aeroshade »
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2011, 06:53:05 PM »
I did some snooping on my ICM-2900 and noticed I wasn't getting any volts coming out of the "MOCMDX", but I was from the "PWMX" (5v DC @ M3S500). The Galil application .pdf say that "PWMX" is for "X axis pulse output for input to stepper motor amp". Should I have the command hooked to the "PWMX"?

Thanks,

Aero

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2011, 07:49:55 PM »
You need to have the stepper jumper removed from the E axis on the Galil and the E axis motor type set to "servo" in the plugin configuration.  Check that and then do this in the Galil terminal (do not enter the //<comments> I put in, just the commands):

MTE=1    // set axis E to servo motor
KPE=0    // set axis E PID to 0
KIE=0
KDE=0
OFE=9.998  // command 10v to axis E MOCMD

This should get you +10v between MOCMDX and GND.

OFE=5.0

Should get you +5v, etc...

The plugin is not programmed to do rigid tapping on anything but a servo style input.  The reason is that we use the Galil gearing to gear the spindle to the Z axis axis.  Meaning Mach has no control over the spindle while the rigid tapping operation is in progress.  When the Z axis reaches the bottom of it's movement and starts back up, the spindle needs to immediately change direction.  This requires a servo style +-10v on the spindle axis.

Steve

Steve
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2011, 11:14:23 PM »
OK, well that sucks a bit. I'm just asking this question, don't take it that I'm complaining please :)

This machine is a Republic Lagun VMC 4824 that was made in 1998. It came with a Vickers A2100 controller. The only thing I have changed (besides dumping the controller) is the amp drives. It was capable of ridged tapping ,and did very well, for the past 13 years. Is it the Galil controller that is making it that I will not be able to ridged tap? Camsoft claimed to be able to ridged tap with my VFD, not sure if that was true or not, I'm not a huge fan of Camsoft :P

Anyway just wanted to ask. Thanks for the advice and I will have to talk to my boss tomorrow about the options.

Aero