Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:16:07 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 with a DMC-2162 (Aero)  (Read 26469 times)

Mach3 with a DMC-2162 (Aero)
« on: February 07, 2011, 06:35:35 PM »
Hello all, I was having some issues with my DMC-2162 playing nice with Mach3. I have gotten through a few of the problems, with help from "battwell" and "smurph", thanks again guys.

OK, now it seems that the DMC and Mach3 are talking to each other. I have set-up my A-axis (rotary axis), and it works sweet!! I moved on to the X-axis and here is where I ran into a problem.

I enabled the X-axis and noticed the DRO's were reading reverse. I went to config>ports and pins>motor output, and enabled "Dir LowAtive" for the X-axis, which switched the direction of the DRO's. I went to Motor Tuning and set my velocity and acceleration. I ran the motor and I could tell I needed to adjust my PID's a little. Plus I noticed that the flange that bolts the servo motor to the machine was out of index. I had to take the motor apart to index it correctly. I got it back together and went straight to "Motor Tuning", and the axis ran away. I went back to config>ports and pins>motor output to check that the "Dir LowAtive" was still enabled, and it was. Now either with the "Dir LowAtive" enabled or not the DRO's always read backwards.

I tried to see if it was just an X-axis thing, but I tried to reverse my A-axis and the DRO's don't change.

Should I try reinstalling Mach3? I reloaded the Galil plugin with no effect.

Any help would be GREEEEEAAAT!!!!

Aero

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 with a DMC-2162 (Aero)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 06:57:46 PM »
A motor running away most likely means that the encoder is not following the direction of the motor.  Swap the A & B signals at the ICM and see if your runaway stays home. 

Once you get your motor staying home, then you can reverse it if necessary in the plugin config by selecting "servo revesed" for that Galil axis.  And get your DROs reporting correct direction with the Ports and Pins.

Steve
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 08:05:36 PM »
OK, I uninstalled Mach3 and reloaded it, same problem. So I switched the encoder wires and everything looks good with the DRO's. I was resetting my A-axis and now for some reason I can do in the plus direction (arrow key up) but when I go in the negative direction (arrow key down) the A-axis wont move. I click out of "Motor Tuning" and at the bottom of the screen I get this error:

Mon - 16:59:47 ---Galil Error: 22 Begin not possible due to limit switch.

I have my switches all set-up like they were before I reinstalled. A only has a home switch... no limit switches.

Any ideas would be great :)

Thanks,

Aero

BTW I haven't tried the X-axis yet... I like to get one going before I mess with the others.
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 08:32:53 PM »
OK, here is the GalilDebug.txt. I still can't get the A-axis to move in the negative direction.

Thanks,

Aero

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 09:11:04 PM »
If you will go to the Mach Diagnostic screen, you will see that a limit switch has been tripped. 

And that error is a Galil error!  So you have an issue with the Galil thinking that a limit is tripped for your Galil D axis.  When a limit is tripped, you can only move the axis in the direction that would take it off the switch.  The "22 Begin not possible due to limit switch." error is axis specific.  Meaning that the Galil does indeed see an active limit switch for your Galil D axis (the one you were trying to move).  It is not a global error where another axis limit switch would keep your D axis from moving.  I suspect a wiring issue.  Did you change the polarity of LSCOM?

Any error message that begins with "Galil Error:" then a number and then a description is a Galil message.  You can look at the Galil user manual to see what that error is and what to do to correct it.

Uninstalling Mach and re-installing is not ever going to help anything.  :(  The program does not corrupt that easily.  In fact, it just increases your chances of overwriting some setting that you previously had correct.

I can report that your AC and DC values look much better!

Steve
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 10:38:42 PM »
Man oh man, I think this Galil card is going to KILL ME!!! How can something like that happen? All I did was switch the encoder wires for X. I don't even have limits for the A-axis!! :P

I will look at it tomorrow I guess... That's IF I go to work!! LOL

Aero
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 05:15:27 AM »
if you dont have limits, link them out on the galil icm,for each axis  so it thinks limits are fine anyway.
if you add limits in future you just put limit where link is so you know it wont be an issue.
if its not broken yet, fit more gadgets!
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 12:59:08 PM »
So I found out that my lube level switch was hooked to RLSW, and my tool mag forward switch was hooked to FLSW :P... I was getting that error because I was out of lube oil!!! LOL Anyway I got the wiring straighten out. Now I'm going to fine tune my PID's for the X-axis.

Aero
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 08:01:36 PM »
OK, I have successfully set-up X, Y, Z and A-axis!!!! Now I'm onto my spindle. I have a Yaskawa Varispeed spindle controller. It has a servo motor type motor with an encoder. It receives an analog +/- 10v command. The machine has a high and low gear. I have a .cbk file from Camsoft that worked really nice, if anyone can steer me in the right direction for setting this up that would be great!!

Here is the Spindle Gear section of my old .cbk file:

[[SPINDLE GEARS]]
'Gear change on spindle
\600=s ' store spinde speed to variable
IF \600<=900 THEN GOTO :LOWGEAR
IF \600>=901 THEN GOTO :HIGHGEAR
:HIGHGEAR
\625={\600*1} ' calculation to find correct spindle speed for high gear.
'can use instead the SPINDJUST ;400 command to set base spindle speed for new gear
SPINSTOP
#62=1 ' change physical gear solenoids
SLEEP 1 ' wait for soleniods to engage
SPINFORWARD \625  ' spindle on
BUTTON1 IN
BUTTON2 OUT
SAY SPINDLE ON
EXIT
:LOWGEAR
\624={\600*5.46} ' calculation to find correct spindle speed for low gear.
'can use instead the SPINDJUST ;400 command to set base spindle speed for new gear
SPINSTOP
#63=1 ' change physical gear solenoids
SLEEP 1 ' wait for soleniods to engage
SPINFORWARD \624 ' spindle on
BUTTON1 IN
BUTTON2 OUT
SAY SPINDLE ON
EXIT

Thanks,

Aero
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 12:59:40 AM »
I have been watching the videos, and I think I got a handle on it. I will post the macros I come up with.

Aero