Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 06:48:14 AM

Author Topic: Analogue output V stay on, I think that's normal  (Read 4568 times)

Offline dresda

•  220 220
    • View Profile
Analogue output V stay on, I think that's normal
« on: February 05, 2011, 08:12:56 PM »
Just setting up my VFD so just jumpering out the spindle forward at the moment. When I send analogue voltage M03 through my DSPMC I get the correct voltage, I then press M05 it cancels my output signal and  I can disconnect the jumper to stop the spindle but I still have the voltage output on my analogue board and it stays there until I reset/Esp. I think this is correct that the control remembers the last speed command?
Ray.
Re: Analogue output V stay on, I think that's normal
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 06:59:01 AM »
That is how my DSPMC works.
If you want the voltage on the analog output to go to zero, always use M05 S0

You could probably write a brain to command S0 when you command M05.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.

Offline dresda

•  220 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 10:45:48 PM »
Yes I got thinking about it and it's correct, It should remember the last commanded speed just like any Fanuc.
Now if I could only get my bloody VFD to work(Mits, A500 with 300 parameters)
Mike, you use the DSPMC don't you? I am talking with Rufi about the dog slow acc/dec when I press feedhold, It's painfull.
I am running 30inch/lb SEM motors with Servo dynamics drives. rapids and jog works great, can stop he motors on a dime but in feedhold it's soooo slugish it's not funny. Rufi said they will try to fix it in the next few months, does everybody have this problem?
The machine I am working on is mine and that's ok, but I do have a customer wanting a control on a big lathe and I couldn't sell the DSPMC like that.
Ray.
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 12:47:41 AM »
Hi Ray.

I have the DSPMC on 2 machines, one running and one almost running.
Since I have no real experience running any other machines other than my own I have never really thought that feedhold was a problem.
If feed hold is too slow I normally hit e-stop. The way mine is wired up I don't loose power to the encoders so I am able to use run from here most of the time.
My G-code is not very complicated. You mave have problems with run from here. YMMV.

The way it works is that the DSPMC has to clear the buffer before it can stop motion. It is a very complicated process, much different than stop or E-stop.

My Hitachi Sj200 is very similar in that it is has more settings that need to be changed than you can imagine. The first time took me a few days to really get me head around it but you will get there in the end.

Mike

We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.

Offline dresda

•  220 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 10:36:00 PM »
I tried using the program stop but couldn't restart the program. By the way. Don't understand the program stop function, never seen it on any CNC's. Most, if not all have cycle start and feedhold. If you want to terminate the program press the reset which is not a e/stop and your drives are still on, then depending on your parameter settings it will cancel all offsets, g41.42, canned cycles etc.
Ray.