Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 05:37:58 PM

Author Topic: MPG  (Read 3471 times)

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
MPG
« on: February 05, 2011, 04:27:37 PM »
I am not having much success in getting my MPG to run with PoKeys.  It did work when I had it connected to pins 13 and 15 of my BOB.  I have it connected to pins 1 and 2 of the PoKeys board.  I have disabled fast encoders in the pokes set up.  I have chosen pin 1 as encoder channel a and pin 2 as encoder channel b (I did write the configuration to the device).  I have tried not checking x2 sampling and checking it as well.  In ports and pins, Encoder/MPS's I have set the MPG #1 port for 10 pin 1 and port 10 pin 2 and have the enabled the MPG.  When I look at the PoKeys0 data diagnostics, the LED blinks for pins 1 and 2.  In Mach, I made sure I was in MPG mode in the jog menu.  On the PoKeys Config screen in Mach the only thing I did was uncheck enable fast encoders and checked Use encoder 1 pokeys map to 0.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

I could not find a manual for the Pokeys plug in other than the online help screens.  Is there a full manual available?

I did have this MPH running with my Pokeys a year ago, but it lagged so bad I went back to hoking it directly to the BOB.  

Thank you,
Vince

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
Re: MPG
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 05:17:15 PM »
I found the problem.  In the Pokeys plugin I needed to have the pokeys encoder 1 mapped to Mach encoder 4.  This makes no sense to me, but I found it in the PoPendant instructions (I am not using a PoPendant).  The movement when in the .001 jog step is smooth enough for using an edge finder, but in any increment larger than that, it gets very jerky.  Is there a setting that can be used to smooth this out.  On the Haas machine at work, the MPG makes a very smooth table movement.

Thanks,

Vince

Offline fast89

•  154 154
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 09:12:12 PM »
Vince,
Did you find a solution to smoothing out the MPG. I'm having the same issue on a new machine conversion and can't seem to get a smooth jogging movement.

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 11:52:25 PM »
No solution for smooth movement.  Brian is writing a new plugin for the pokeys, maybe that will help.

Vince