Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:34:36 PM

Author Topic: Research For My upcoming Build  (Read 7524 times)

Research For My upcoming Build
« on: February 04, 2011, 12:01:17 PM »
I have a 750 saber with acramatic 850MC control that I am going to retro. Control will not run outside of manual mode? However my Fanuc servo and spindle drives and motors are working fine so I would like to keep them. I am planning on using the dspMC motion controller for servo motion, spindle, and I/O.
Question 1 to be on the safe side should I run two network cards, 1 dedicated to the motion controller and the other for file transfer within my shop network ?

Question 2 I am looking through my maintenance manual for my 12S Spindle  (A06B-6059-H212) and I am trying to figure out the inputs and outputs to make it run. As near as I can tell it will communicate with the controller through CN1 and CN3 only. I have yet to find information on the CN3 connector and the 50 pin CN1 connector pin out in the book has tons of abbreviations I don't understand. I was wondering if anyone could help me decipher this.
Pin #  Abbreviation
1         SAR1                   6      OT                 11           ALM1                 16    SDT2       22      ORAR1             27    OVR1           45      SFR           50    SM1
2         SAR2                   7      MRPDY1          12           ALM2                 17    CTH         23      ORAR2            28     OVR2           46      SRV
3         SST1                   8      MRPDY2          13           OR                    18    OM          24      CTM                29     +15V           47      ESP1
4         SST2                   9      TIM5               14          OS                     19   ARST1       25     ORCM1             31    DA2            48       ESP2
5         TLML                  10     TIM6               15           SDT1                 20   ARST2       26     ORCM2             32      E               49      LM1

I need to know what they are, what voltage they are, which are inputs and which are outputs, are the all used, which are analog and which are digital?
Any Information on CN3?  and What am I missing if you know of anything

FANUC Velocity control  A06B-6050-H402 Connections to Control should be through CN6L, CN6M, and CN6N (K7) as well as CN1L, CN1M, and CN1N (K1)
K1  Pin    abbreviation                                                                        K7 (encoder?)
       1      PRDY1          8    ALM1          14   PRDY 2                             1        0V             14   PCZL              19 *PCBL    
       2      ENBL1           9    ALM2          15  ENBL 2                              2        0V             15   *PCZL             20  SGL
       3     OVL1            10   ALM4          16   OVL2                                3        0V             16   PCAL
       4     VRDY1          11   ALM8          17   VRDY2                              8       OH1            17  *PCAL
       7     VCMD            13   COML         20   ECL                                  9       OH2             18  PCBL

I need to know what they are, what voltage they are, which are inputs and which are outputs, are the all used, which are analog and which are digital?
What am I missing if you know of anything

Any help would be wonderful

Thanks

Offline dresda

•  220 220
    • View Profile
Re: Research For My upcoming Build
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 11:16:16 PM »
I had no success with my Fanuc drives. There is a new version now and updates, and Rufi is very helpful. I haven't tried to run on Fanuc again, still a bit nervous, don't want to spend the $2000. to repair the drive. Machmotion haven't tried Fanuc, I would like to find somebody who has run Fanuc and DSPMC. I am using it now with servo dynamic drives and SEM DC motors and it looks good.  You wont find any better motors and drives that Fanuc, that's why I wanted to go that route, Lot's of dead Fanuc systems out there. That must be an old unit with Acramatic 850? Your drives must be analogue +-10V?
DSPMC will not work with digital drives.
I will have to look at my notes from last year. The 500/750 Arrow with PC based control was a nice unit, I think control Techniques from the UK, then the other one with the Vickers control, both out of business now. There is a company called Maintenace Technologies that use "machine Mate" control for there retrofit on Cinci machines, have you checked them out.
Ray.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 07:49:04 PM by vitalsystem »
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 10:26:02 PM »
Thank you for the information I will inquire into the new controller options to see if they will now work with the fanuc servo and spindle drives. 
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 03:38:05 PM »
analog drives with +-10v torque or speed control are compatible with DSPMC.  I beleive most Fanuc drives are analog.  you also need differential encoder feedback.  many people have successfuly retrofitted thier machine since 2008, and I am sure some of them used the old Fanuc drives.

regards,
Rufi
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 12:13:34 AM by vitalsystem »

Offline dresda

•  220 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 05:42:35 PM »
Hey Rufi, point me in the right direction I would love to talk to somebody, anybody Re: Fanuc especially with your first version.  Even Machmotion haven't done Fanuc.
Ray.
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 12:04:40 AM »
I recently contacted MachMotion about this very project. The hang up seems to be how to wire it. They are confident they can control it if I can figure out how to wire it. Any help on that point would be greatly appreciated.
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 12:16:04 AM »
here is some info I got sometime ago in 08:
------------------------------------------------------------

I assume that you have 3 sets of factory set DC Drives for those particular DC Motors.
Now you want to tune Drive and Motor with DSPMC Motion Control System.

Connect Motor with Drive and Motor Techo to Drive Techo Input, same as it was connected
in the Orignal Milling Machine.

According to FANUC, Input signal to the drive is called "Vcmd" Velocity Command.
Connect Vcmd pin of the connector to the ground or 0 V.
Connect Power to the Drive, same as it was connected in the Orignal Milling Machine.

Enable the Drive Enable input pin.

Now your Drive and Motor are energised, but due to 0V velocity input the Motor should not move. But if motor turns, then your drive have Zero Error.

There is Zero Adjust Varable on the FANUC Drive Card, you can adjust this for minimum
Zero Error.

You can find the drive Input Connector  Detail on the Internet by Google.

Now disconnect the Vcmd from 0V and connect to the DAC out of DSPMC

Now you should check for maximum Vcmd allowed, if it is 1.0V, then you have to reduce
DSPMC DAC output by a factor of 10 by using 10k Potmeter.

Now you are ready to tune Your Drive & Motor with DSPMC.

Make a fix move of 100mm and check the error on the respected Axis. Change the
Propotional, Integral and Differential Gain parameter slowly and observe the direction
of Error.Increase the speed and repeat the above procedure to minimise the error.

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 09:52:09 AM »
  Thanks for your reply. My research so far is in line with what you are saying.   My research says these are AC servo motors please correct me if I am wrong.   

1      PRDY1          8    ALM1          14   PRDY 2                             1        0V             14   PCZL              19 *PCBL   
       2      ENBL1           9    ALM2          15  ENBL 2                              2        0V             15   *PCZL             20  SGL
       3     OVL1            10   ALM4          16   OVL2                                3        0V             16   PCAL
       4     VRDY1          11   ALM8          17   VRDY2                              8       OH1            17  *PCAL
       7     VCMD            13   COML         20   ECL                                  9       OH2             18  PCBL

Let me see if I understand correctly. Pin 7 is +/-10VCD Pin 13 is 0VDC.
Pin 2 is enable 1 "question-- it is a always on when the drives are active I assume. Any Ideas what voltage to hit it with? So I have to use enable 2 ?
Pins 8,9,10,13 I assume are alarm outputs that I can use or not at my discretion.
The rest of the pins I am foggy on Don't even know if I have to use them any suggestions.
The other connector pin out is the encoder I believe. Please correct me if I am wrong.

That brings us to the Spindle. I have worked on this some, but not as much as the servo system.

Question 2 I am looking through my maintenance manual for my 12S Spindle  (A06B-6059-H212) and I am trying to figure out the inputs and outputs to make it run. As near as I can tell it will communicate with the controller through CN1 and CN3 only. I have yet to find information on the CN3 connector and the 50 pin CN1 connector pin out in the book has tons of abbreviations I don't understand. I was wondering if anyone could help me decipher this.
Pin #  Abbreviation
1         SAR1                   6      OT                 11           ALM1                 16    SDT2       22      ORAR1             27    OVR1           45      SFR           50    SM1
2         SAR2                   7      MRPDY1          12           ALM2                 17    CTH         23      ORAR2            28     OVR2           46      SRV
3         SST1                   8      MRPDY2          13           OR                    18    OM          24      CTM                29     +15V           47      ESP1
4         SST2                   9      TIM5               14          OS                     19   ARST1       25     ORCM1             31    DA2            48       ESP2
5         TLML                  10     TIM6               15           SDT1                 20   ARST2       26     ORCM2             32      E               49      LM1

Again I assume ALM 1 and 2 are alarms, I don't see an enable and I am not 100% sure this doesn't use PWM. It has a spindle orient board so I am thinking pin 13 is Orient but I really don't know. 

I would be greatful for any help deciphering this mess.