Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 11:29:24 AM

Author Topic: General questions on installing Newfangled Solutions add on  (Read 4444 times)

General questions on installing Newfangled Solutions add on
« on: February 01, 2011, 10:12:21 PM »
I just purchased the Newfangled Solutions add on and I'm not sure what's required.

I received a small license file via email with instructions to copy it to my Mach3 installation folder; that's not a problem. The question I have is, does it mean I already have the add on software as a part of my Mach3 installation? Is there a particular version of Mach3 that has it or has it always been a part of the installation?  If there is a particular version that is later than mine does that mean I have to upgrade to the newer version?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Tom
Re: General questions on installing Newfangled Solutions add on
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 11:37:54 PM »
Hey Tom, welcome.
The NFS wizards are part of the initial Mach installation. They just wont produce the final GCode until licensed.
You should be good to go.
Here are 2 places you can get to them.
First pic is from the wizards tab up top, or "Load Wizards" button mid screen
Russ
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 07:15:03 PM »
One other thing to note, the Mach kit has often not had the latest version of the wizards. For some reason every time I poke Brian about it it gets fixed for a while, then later falls back to an old version.

The latest version is 2.85 and is here in this forum under its own topic. The version number appears in teh upper right corner of the main wizard screen.

If you do not have the latest version just download the .zip file and unzip it into the folder C:\MAch3\Addons
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 08:14:25 PM »
Thanks for everyones help.

It was there just as described and seems to work just fine. I'll use it for a while and then probably post some comments or questions.

Regards,

Tom