Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:23:27 PM

Author Topic: spindle pin  (Read 2378 times)

spindle pin
« on: January 31, 2011, 07:56:39 AM »
hi there,

i am new here as i just started with mach3. i got my diy-router working and so far i am happy. i have a question:

i have a nice parallel breakout board from cnc-profi.de. on the board i can connect a spindle on pin 1 (230V 10A). i have a proxon mill motor on my router and so i would like to connect it to pin1 so that it starts the motor and stopps the motor. my question is - how do i setup this in mach3. i found under "pins and ports" and "motor outputs"  that there is "spindle" but it shows me that this is a stepper motor which i donĀ“t have. just to make clear: i just have a mill motor that runs with the speed i set on the power supply - it just needs to be switched on or off.

i would be glad if someone could help me with this. thank you in advance.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: spindle pin
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 08:05:53 AM »
Config, Ports and Pins then Spindle Setup. Make sure yo have the tick out of the Disable relays for Spindle. Set the number for M3 and M4 to the same output number, the number being an output you are not using. Then go to Output page and set the correct port and pin number for the output you have chosen (Port 1 Pin1 from your description above).
M3 or M4 will then start, M5 will stop.
Hood

Have added some screenshots to show.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 08:09:06 AM by Hood »