Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:49:53 AM

Author Topic: Run from here... possible bug  (Read 6305 times)

Run from here... possible bug
« on: January 29, 2011, 04:24:54 PM »
Hi guys

Just came across this and wonder if its a Mach "feature" or something else.

When i start a program using the "run from here" command the set spindle speed is ignored. Everything else seems fine with the spindle starting etc but the spindle speed parameter is not set so it defaults to the lowest speed (S0) configured which in my case is 1000rpm.

I believe this is a Mach issue but would appreciate any feedback from others who have a differnt setup to mine.

Mach3 R3.043.022
Mach std mill Beta12 ver 0.4.3
Smooth Stepper Beta2 Ver 0.015 ogx
Huanyang VFD using usb plugin

Cheers

Mark
Re: Run from here... possible bug
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 04:46:46 PM »
surely that is the function of the command "run from here". It will commence code from the command that you ask it to start from, and if there is no spindle command then it wont start it.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 05:00:34 PM »
I wouldn't have thought so as all the other commands are executed (only the cummlative move to get to postion at the line of code) For example the spindle is started and all other movements are calculated inorder to restart the program at the line specified.

For me the run from here command is a way to restart a program after a failure or an edit to the gcode without having to start all over again. Maybe I'm wrong in assuming that is how it works

Thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 05:24:19 PM »
doesn't the reset switch off the spindle when activated, so it must be restarted.
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 05:33:24 PM »
Looks like there is something awry with it guys.
Checked Start Spindle in the Prep dialog and it starts as expected but reverts to the LAST speed selected at the END of the program. It doesnt change until it sees another S****.
Made a simple program with several speed changes throughout, RFH from various places, all the same result.
I'd say it's a critter.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 06:07:43 PM »
It works fine for me on my Mill and Lathe as I use RFH quite often, especially on the lathe when proving threading BUT I definitely dont have 022 rev, think its probably 020 I am using.
Is this only with 022?

My setup on both Mill and Lathes are
AC Servo spindle using Step/Dir
SmoothStepper

Hood
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 06:56:07 PM »
Only way I've found that will change the speed using RFH is issuing a MDI a "S" command.  The S6000 is set at the start of the Gcode I might see if other commands that set parameters like offsets or absolute/inc act the same with RFH. Maybe Mach only is looking at the move commands.

Thanks guys

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 07:00:32 PM »
I wonder, what do you have the lookahead set to, just wondering if its a high number then it is maybe looking way ahead for the spindle speed.

Hood
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 07:20:07 PM »
Just simulating here as I manually start my mill spindle for now.
Tried several versions, 42.xx  and 43.xx  all the same.
Watching the on screen info on the spindle.

Look ahead was 200, set to 2 and get the same.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 07:25:07 PM »
Yes, thinking about it look ahead could not be the problem as I often do a RFH just before or after a toolchange and the spindle speed may change for then ne3xt tool but it always starts at the previous speed that was in the code.
Maybe something to do with me using Step/Dir but cant really see how that could be either as if you are simulating then it wouldnt matter.
Hood