Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:34:29 AM

Author Topic: Jogging strangeness  (Read 12850 times)

Re: Jogging strangeness
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2011, 07:54:28 AM »
Hood, I believe VCarve sets the tool offset in the Gcode, so I think setting Tool Selections Persistant will solve the problem. I will test to see. Thanks, again, for all the help!
Larry
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2011, 11:48:53 PM »
Hi guys I'm new to this forum and Mach 3 myself. I'm having the exact same problem with things going haywire when trying to use step mode. I have a wd-1 but no encoders or mpg. Would this fix work for me as well?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2011, 02:14:41 AM »
Can you attach your xml and also describe what is happening as I think this thread covered a few issues so not sure what fix you are talking about.
Hood
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2011, 06:10:33 PM »
Hi Hood thanks for the fast response. Here is my XML. I have a Romaxx wd-1 as well. I don't have encoders like the previous poster. I believe they call my system a open loop system, I also do not have the mpg wheel like the previous poster. What's happening for me is that when I boot Mach 3 my machine seems to work fine until I try and use the step jog  mode. Once I try that, all jog moves become unresponsive even if I switch it back to continuous.

But after reading this thread I have found that when I turn on my machine and mach 3, all I have to do is hit stop and things function like they should. Before that I was stuck when the machine became unresponsive but now that I know how to fix it it isn't such a big deal.  I'm not sure why I have to hit stop or even if this is a normal function. But I saw someone earlier had mentioned it and it works for me as well. I know you made some changes for the other poster and was curious if those same changes would apply to me.

Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2011, 04:59:39 AM »
Ok few things, first it seems you may have the Rogers plugin enabled? I can only see that in the xml as I dont have the plugin here so it doesnt show when I load your xml. I also see you have the encoders enabled, a MPG enabled and there are Inputs 1 and 2 sharing the same pins and port as OEM triggers. I dont think that can be right as Inputs 1 and 2 are set up for spindle and flood coolant and OEM triggers are set up for feedhold and start.
Do you have physical  start and feedhold buttons on your machine at all?
Hood
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2011, 08:44:06 AM »
Yes I do have physical start and feed hold buttons on my machine. i also have 2 110v outlets that Ron has told me could act as a trigger to start a router as well.

I'm not entirely sure I grabbed the right xml. When i installed mach3 I copied the xml that Ron Rogers provided me to the mach 3 folder. It was called Mach3mill.xml. The file I attatched is the same mach3mill.xml file but the size has doubled. I had to rename it to attatch it in this post since the original poster had the same file name. So I'm pretty sure it's the correct file as that is what is listed in the bottom right corner when I run Mach 3 but i don't understand why it is so much larger than the original file.

I also do not have encoders or a MPG. I'm not sure how plugin's work as i only had to copy the mach3mill.xml file provided by Ron ROgers to my mach3 folder to get it working. I download Mach 3 right from this site.

i hope that helps.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 08:46:56 AM by suade907 »
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2011, 09:53:54 AM »
Let me rephrase that:

I'm not entirely sure I grabbed the right xml. When i installed mach3 I copied the xml that Ron Rogers provided me to the mach 3 folder. It was called Mach3mill.xml. The file I attatched is the same mach3mill.xml file but it's from the mach 3 folder now after I have used the program a few times, but the size has doubled. I had to rename it to attatch it in this post since the original poster had the same file name. So I'm pretty sure it's the correct file as that is what is listed in the bottom right corner when I run Mach 3 but i don't understand why it is so much larger than the original file.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2011, 03:03:59 PM »
Ok so the OEM triggers seem like they should be correct however your spindle and mist coolant are set to the same pins so they should really be disabled if not using them or if you do in the future you should set to different outputs.

Have a look at Config menu then Config Plugins and see if the Rogers plugin is there and if it is disable it as you wont be using it. Also go to Config menu then Ports and Pins and then to the encoder page and disable the encoders and MPG.

One other thing I notoced is you have enhanced pulsing turned off, it is nearly always best to have that turned on so unless there is a reason its been switched off go to Config menu then General Config and enable it.

Hood