Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:02:25 AM

Author Topic: Jogging strangeness  (Read 12859 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Jogging strangeness
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2011, 05:55:44 AM »
Ok, thats great, they must be normally closed switches and the active state has been set wrong all the time in that xml.
Hood
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2011, 06:03:24 AM »
Hood, did you see anything else seriously wrong (dangerous) in my .xml that should be fixed?
Larry

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2011, 06:11:48 AM »
Nothing reaally bad but lots of I/O set that it would seem shouldn't be, for example all the outputs (I think) that were enabled and set to Port 0, that port is as far as I know only for ModBus and you dont use that. Few other duplicates like OEM trigger 1 and 2 are what you need but Input1 and 2 are set to the same port and pins and really shouldnt be. These things  should not really harm but impossible to totally rule out any interaction between them I supose.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2011, 06:17:20 AM »
I have just cleaned up the xml to what I think should be fine, place it in your mach 3 folder and use the Mach3 loader and choose LCorsa profile and see if all is fine.

Hood
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2011, 10:14:42 AM »
Hood, LCorsa.xml seems to work fine. The only thing is, I have to hit "Cycle Start" twice, as the first time I hit it, the tool number changes from 0 to 1 and the "Change Tool" icon blinks yellow. When I hit Cycle Start again, it goes into action. Tool Number 1 is default in VCarve Pro (used to generate the Gcode). Is there a way to have Mach default to Tool Number 1? If necessary, I can change the tool numbers to 1 on all my tools in VCarve (easier to do once in Mach, if the option is available).
Larry

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2011, 10:52:18 AM »
Does that happen in the previous xml?

If not then I dont have a clue why it is happening but will have a look and see if I can figure it out. I think you said you dot have any brains set up and macropump is not enabled so only thing I can think of is a plugin may be changing things, what plugins do you have runnning?
Hood
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2011, 11:57:05 AM »
Hood, I believe it does happen with the other .xml as well. I can't say I noticed it on the screen, but I mostly use the XBox controller to Start and Stop and I am watching the cutter as I start, not the screen. But I would often have to press the Start button twice, so I am going to say yes, it did happen with the other.
Larry

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2011, 01:29:51 PM »
Ok try with the XBox plugin disabled to see if its that as it sounds the most likely, if it is then afraid I know nothing about it so you would really have to talk to the plugins creator.
Hood
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2011, 06:50:11 AM »
Hood, thanks for the suggestion. I haven't been able to try it yet, but I'm just wondering. Since this just looks like a Tool Number issue (VCarve specifies Tool Number 1 in the Gcode, Mach3 is expecting Tool Number 0), wouldn't the fix be to simply sync the Tool Numbers?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2011, 07:32:44 AM »
You can select Tool Selections persistant on the General Config page, that should keep the same tool number in the DRO as yo had the last time you shut Mach down. However I dont think it will have any offsets saved for the tool so you would still need to call the tool offsets in the code. Another thing you could do is have M6T1  and G43H1 in the initialisation string on General Config page and that would set the tool number and offset when you first bring Mach out of reset. Again be careful as you may get offsets other than you are expecting so test with caution.
Hood