Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:15:19 AM

Author Topic: Mirror image  (Read 5204 times)

Mirror image
« on: January 25, 2011, 10:30:47 AM »
Hello everyone im back with another daft question from a newbie.When i load my gcode of a word say TEXT for example when mach3 cuts it out it is in mirror image once the cutting or engraving has been done is there any where in mach3 to change it to normal cutting.Im not to bothered if i was to cut out a letter as i can turn the mdf over but if i was to engrave a name then its the wrong way.i use Vectric 2d to produce my lettering and use its gcode for my mach3 to cut it out.
Any help will be greatly received and put to good use.Thankyou
kevin
Re: Mirror image
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 11:23:01 AM »
Most likely you have one axis reversed, figure out which axis is cutting the wrong way, and then go to the Homing/limits menu under the config menu, and check the reversed checkmark.
If you have a homing sequence, check to see if it still works, if it starts to home in the other direction, go to the same menu and click on the home negative.
Best Regards
Fernando
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 11:43:20 AM »
Ill have a look at  but that what is the proper orientation of the axis then
if i look at my machine from the front the far end of the bed is my X- then at the very front of the bed is my X+
and the very left of the bed is my Y+ and very  right is my y - is this set out right.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 11:50:56 AM »
I think it is not right, all of the machines i have worked with follow the cartesian coordinate system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartesian_coordinate_system

although there is debate on which axis should be the long axis and which the short axis, but either way they must follow the cartesian coordinate.
up is x+
down is x-
left is y-
right is y+
of course up down, left and right depends on where are you standing on the machine, but the sequence should be the same.
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 11:49:20 PM »
Keep in mind the directions indicate the direction the TOOL moves, not the table.  The long axis is typically X, and runs parallel to the front of the machine, with Y running front to back.  When looking at the machine from the front, X+ will move the tool to the right (or the table to the left), X- will move the tool to the left (or the table to the right). Y+ will move the tool towards the rear of the table (or the table towards the front, away from the column), and Y- moves the tool towards the front of the machine (or the table towards the rear, towards the column).  Z is the vertical axis, and Z+ moves the tool up (or the table down), Z- moves the tool down (or the table up).

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 02:26:39 PM »
im really lost now
If i look at my machine from the front then i have a cutting area front to back of 410mm and a left to right is 300mm
So would my left to right cutting action be the Y- and Y+
and would my rear of my machine be the X+ and the front be the X-

Is this right
thanks

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 04:41:48 PM »
Try again......
Left - right is the X axis, to-away from you is the Y axis, up-dwon is the Z axis

Get a piece of paper and draw what Ray posted.

RICH
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 05:34:27 PM »
Now i understand thick me
many thanks for your advise