Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:30:05 PM

Author Topic: Minnesota Mach3 Users?  (Read 4646 times)

Minnesota Mach3 Users?
« on: January 22, 2011, 11:12:27 AM »
I am curious how many Minnesota Mach3 users there are? I am looking for some help to tune my mill and would like to get in touch with some local users that would be willing to help me get the basics set up.

It might also be fun to form a MN mach users group and get together once a month or something. any takers?

Zc
Re: Minnesota Mach3 Users?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 04:20:37 PM »
what part of minnesota are you in?
I am in wisconsin.
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 04:23:40 PM »
The metro area, right on the boarder of Edina, Richfield, Bloomington area. 494 & hwy 100
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 04:27:50 PM »
I live just north of Eau Claire, WI.
about 125 miles away.
EMAIL: ldj10@centurytel.net
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 05:39:15 PM »
Hi,
What kind of mill do you have?  Are you driving it with steppers, or servos? 

I'm in W. Bloomington.  I had a knee mill retrofit with servos running Mach, but upgraded to a HAAS VMC.  Also have a CO2 laser engraver run by Mach.

Not a whiz with Mach by a long shot, but I know enough to be dangerous!

shoot me a PM with your contact info.
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 11:25:05 PM »
I have a Shibura Roibot that has been modified. it has stepper motors. and has a 20"x20" table size. I am crafting a custom Motor controller based on a Toshiba TB6560 3-axis board.

The hardware i understand. what i could use some help with is the basic setup. I understand much of the software but some of the basics of configuring the size of the mill in the software so it knows where its limits are. steps per inch. all the basics initial software setup and tuning stuff.

I will send a pm
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 10:25:17 AM »
 I have made significant progress in getting this finished. the new motor controller is almost done. i have it running at the moment and have been working out a few details while i wait on the new front panel for the motor controller to arrive. it should be here in 2 days and then i can get the last of the controller done!

Mill tuning next. then a revamp of the mill table system...I might actually be able to start making chips in a year or so LOL!
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 11:34:56 AM »
I want to wish Millnturn the best of luck on his move and new surroundings!

And with that I am once again looking for someone in or around the MN metro area with Mach experience that would be willing to lend a hand with setting up the basics of mach such as motor tuning, understanding microstepping etc. basically all the step 2 type stuff. I have all the hardware working and now need to get into the tuning part.

Thanks

ZC
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 12:47:06 PM »
I am north Metro area up not far from 65 in Ham Lake. I'm using Mach with a Galil servo control. I'd be happy to try and answer any questions you have.
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 01:59:30 PM »
email sent