Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:55:28 AM

Author Topic: Setup Mach on Maxnc ???  (Read 3162 times)

Setup Mach on Maxnc ???
« on: January 22, 2011, 09:25:05 AM »
I have Mach3 currently set up to run my Larken 2424 router.  Mike Tierini helped me set that up.  Well actually Mike set it up.

I have acquired a new little baby.  Maxnc 10

I have VERY little information about it, other than that it was never used from new.  It is in prestine condition.  When I plugged a cable in from my computer to the machine and turned it on the spindle turned on.

I tried running the Mach3 for my Larken - but the little baby did not respond.

So - for this GREEN guy and I do mean GREEN - can you guys help me to create a separate desktop icon for the baby, and help me to configure it to run.  I will agree to read stuff in the manual if you tell me what to read.

I do believe there is somewhere in this forum the pin configurations.  I can search that out.

I have an operators manual - but NOTHING like a circuit diagram, or schematic

In the end --- I would like to have my ONE computer set up - with TWO icons on the desktop - ONE for the Larken - and ONE for the baby -- I will have ONE parallel output going to an A/B switch then branch off to either machine.

Can you help???

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Setup Mach on Maxnc ???
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 09:54:02 AM »
You will need to choose one of the NC modes from the Ports and Pins main page, the settings will then be set automatically for ports and Pins I think.
The ftp site has the pinouts for the NC machines.
ftp://machsupport.com/ExtraInformation/
Hood
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 10:00:05 AM »
Hood,

I found that pinout list and printed it out.

I also have several other items in the FTP listing that I believe will be very helpful.

I now have a little reading to do.

One question I have ---

Will I be able to run both of my machines - with separate Icons - through one parallel port - without jeopardizing the settings for the other machine.

Of course I know I can run only one machine at a time.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 10:02:49 AM »
Yes, setting different profiles for different machines is all you need to do, just have to make sure you have the correct machine connected for the correct profile ;D

Hood