Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 07:56:57 PM

Author Topic: Pokeys boken with 10.6.3  (Read 5594 times)

Pokeys boken with 10.6.3
« on: January 20, 2011, 02:58:15 AM »
I went and upgraded my firmware tonight on my lathe. That sucked, had to redo all my keyboard matrix.

I also installed the newest plugin for it in mach, 10.6.3. Its broken. It shows no activity at all. I put the old plugin back in (5.1) and it works fine.

In 10.6.3 I bring up the pokey monitor window and none of the radio buttons do anything where in 5.1 they are active and you can see blinking from the keyboard scanning outputs.

I dont use the oemleds to control stuff, just the inputs mapped to port 10.

Any ideas?

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Pokeys boken with 10.6.3
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 04:19:17 AM »
Latest Poscope Mach plugin is 10.6.4, latest firmware for pokeys is, 2.1.17

there was some fixes done to matrix keys, in the firmware, and some other bug fixes, that were then reflected in the .4 version.

Also, there have been HUGE changes both in firmware and plugin from 5.1 to 10.6.4, Boris at poscope added several new funcitons, and ways of doing things that DRASTICALLY changed how pokeys worked, and the plugin had to be redone to follow that. I suspect you would have to completely redo the way you are currently doing things in pokeys and plugin config.  If your not getting a monitor, that is becasue your old pokeys profile is "Broken" compared to the way things now have to be done in the upgraded firmware/plugin.

scott
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 04:52:35 AM by poppabear »
fun times
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 07:22:07 PM »
I can still map inputs from pokeys as port 10 + pin number, right?

Where is this pokeys profile stored at?

-Jerry
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 02:03:06 AM »
OK, I made a mistake. Pokeys is running. The outputs work fine. I change my jog settings and the lights change on the panel to reflect. But the inputs are incredibly slow.  

I have to hold down a button for several seconds before it shows up in the monitor. Then there is a 5 to 10 second delay before the button does what it is supposed to do. Even if I move the encoder there is a delay. Move it one turn, ten seconds later the machine moves.

I am not using OEMleds to handle the inputs. I use the port 10 method.

Oh, all the latest software is installed. 10.6.4 plugin, newest firmware, and latest Mach.
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 10:32:52 AM »
Have you been able to fix this?

I have the same problem, with one catch. If I let my system sit for an hour or so with Mach3 running. Something happens and the delay disappears and pokeys work in real time, on delay. I have not been able to figure out what is causing this.
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 11:52:34 AM »
No, after I figured out what was going on I turned it off and have not touched it.
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 08:08:19 PM »
Poppabear, any ideas? Seems like a bug.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 08:03:12 AM »
It must be something your doing wrong. No one else is reporting this to Boris, and I am unable to create what you are seeing on 3 different computers here.

I suggest you re-read the PoKeys Manual, and the Help flash file that comes with the plugin......  Usually, in the past that I have seen, when something like that happens, there is something configured wrong on the pokeys, or you have the plugin configured wrong.  In eigther case, when one or the other (or both), are configured wrong, that causes the pokeys to hang, or drop out, or do wierd stuff.

I recommend that you, load and use the PoKeys OEM profile and screen set that comes with the pokeys, and if still buggy and you think for sure you have all your configs correct, then un-install and reinstall mach3. then try hte OEM profile Pokeys again.

scott
fun times
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 07:43:16 PM »
OK, got a chance to mess with it again. I moved mach to an archive directory and reinstalled the latest mach and the pokeys plugin. In copied my xml for the lathe and the macros and brains it needs to work.

It still does the exact same thing.

Now, one thing of possible interest is I chose not to install the parallel port driver when I reinstalled mach. I thought the driver was at a system level and didnt need to be reinstalled.  At that point the pokey seemed to respond as it should. As soon as I installed the driver the pokeys got laggy again.

Is there somewhere I can download older versions of the pokeys plugin so I can at least figure out when thinks went wonky?

-Jerry

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 10:40:02 PM »
Note:  Boris has noted the PoKeys does not work well on some computers (USB Chip sets), Arturo was running a new Sony Viao laptop, and it was acting funny, he went back to an older comp he had with the para driver XP machine and it worked well.........

Boris told me he will try to put togther a list of computers that have issues with the USB stuff, and then see if he can track down what MB or USB chips are the culprit.

I really can't help you, since it works on all 4 or my comps: Asus Laptop with vista64, Dell desk with W7 32, eeBox with XP pro, and an E Machine XP Home.

scott
fun times