Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 02:32:42 AM

Author Topic: Visual screen reads backwards  (Read 3283 times)

Visual screen reads backwards
« on: January 18, 2011, 11:20:49 PM »
I am setting up my mill with Mach3. I've got evrything working, but the screen display reads opposite of what is actually happening on my mill table. Is there a way to invert? the data so that when I move left, the screen display will do the same?

thanks,
-jim

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Visual screen reads backwards
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 02:56:05 AM »
The screen always moves right when the tool is moving positive in X and up when tool is moving positive in Y.
You may have your machine set up right and are just looking at the table movement and thinking things are going the wrong way. Really what you should be thinking about is the tool moving in relation to the work you are cutting. For example if you move the tool positive in X the table will move left, if your tool is moving positive in Y the table will move towards you.
Is that how your machine is set up?
Hood

Offline kf2qd

•  148 148
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 02:15:10 PM »
Or another way of saying what Hood said - Does the part on the table look like the part on the display? If not - which axis is upside down or backwards - Invert that axxis in settings and all should be good.
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 10:16:02 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. A positive input to the Y axis moves the table closer to the operator. A negative input to the X axis moves the table to the left. So I guess I have things inverted. Can you tell me very specifically how to correct this? Thanks,
-jim

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 10:27:41 PM »
The X is backwards.
Go to Config >Homing Limits and check "Reversed" for the X axis.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html