Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 06:30:32 PM

Author Topic: Bevel Gear with LazyCAM!-2  (Read 6748 times)

Bevel Gear with LazyCAM!-2
« on: January 18, 2011, 02:13:54 PM »
I tried to attach the uncompressed G-Code file to my first post. However the file size exceeded the limitations, so I compressed the file into the BevelGear.Zip file, and tried again to post. I received the message "You have already posted this file", but since the attached file did not upload (due to the size limit), I had tried again to post. Please see the attached BevelGear.Zip file for the G-code file BevelGear.tap
-Mike

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Bevel Gear with LazyCAM!-2
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 05:48:55 PM »
Here is a poor pic of the gear cut out.
RICH
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 11:55:42 PM »
I guess I should have mentioned, that I have my 1/8" ball nose end mill set to 0.1" depth of cut per pass in LazyCAM. It doesn't make for a very pretty picture, when viewing the toolpath. But it does cut it without breaking the bit. If you want to see a toolpath which sketches the finished part, you'd have to set the depth per pass to the full depth of the part (about 1.5" per pass). Unfortunately this would result in a broken bit, as it plunged full-depth instead of actually cutting the part. I also did another bevel gear as a spiral bevel gear. Using the same tedious trigonometry to determine cut depth for each profile.
-Mike

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 06:18:45 AM »
Mike,
If your into gear making suggest you have a look at this site. Art wrote a program to do gears and it is slick.
Will save you a lot time.

http://gearotic.com/

RICH

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 11:40:08 AM »
Art is still working, like a beaver, on the bevel gears but he will not stop until it is done.  ;D
Best $75 I ever spent.

Tweakie.
PEACE