Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:27:53 AM

Author Topic: Enlargement problem  (Read 6507 times)

Enlargement problem
« on: January 17, 2011, 09:20:48 PM »
No not that kind!! ;D ;D

Very new to all this , have learned a lot and have a lot more to learn.

I bought a Percision Plasm 4 X 8 kit and have been putting it together for a while now and learning corel draw 4 and sheet cam.. Have a drawing that is to scale in Corel, and measures the same in sheet cam, but when I do a dry run on the table the thing runs about triple the size.. Everything is set to feet and inches, what do I have wrong??

Thank for the help, it has been a litle onthe frustrating side to say the least..
Re: Enlargement problem
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 09:28:08 PM »
Could possibly be there is a SCALE value set in Mach (on the RUN page to the right of the DRO's), or more likely your STEPS PER unit is wrong in MOTOR TUNING. Have you verified that it moves the correct distance commanded from a MDI ?
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 09:33:23 PM »
No I haven't verified.. I believe to do that I type in a manual code for 1' and see if that is how far it moves??

Would the gear reduction units I have on the motors have anything to do with this??

Thanks..
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 09:41:51 PM »
Sure ! You need to determine the ratio through your axis drive train.
Is it rack and pinion ? Belts ? Screws ? 1.8 degree steppers ? Gear/Pulley reduction ?
There is an Axis Calibration feature on the SETTINGS page (lower left) that will get you very close.
Click on it and follow the instructions.
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 05:15:58 AM »
They are belt driven, I will ck this and the paper work I got from Ron tonight after my 10 hr shift at work..

Thanks a bunch : )
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 05:38:30 AM »
Haven't gotten back to this yet, worked on the DTHC card for my HYper1250.. I have checked and redid the wireing on that card 5 times, did all the test, rewiered, re splices and scratched my head till it is raw all to no avail..

Was told by Tom C that if the card passes all the tests then it is in the wireing...... So I checked it 3 more times and no tourch on?????????????????????????????????

Should have bought a turn key unit :-\

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 05:56:34 AM »
Come on Lou - nobody admits defeat this quickly.

Get your 'steps per' correct then everything else will fall into place (not sure about your THC though).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 05:37:57 AM »
Come on Lou - nobody admits defeat this quickly.

Get your 'steps per' correct then everything else will fall into place (not sure about your THC though).

Tweakie.

LOL,,, I know, but I have been working on and off for the last 6 months, it gets a little frustrating when ya spend many a weekend on a project and don't get any where..LOL

Thanks, I will keep plugging away one problem at a time, finally got internet at the shop this will help as well : )

Good words to live by Tweakie  "Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill."
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 05:40:17 AM by Largemouthlou »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 04:55:17 AM »
Lou,

There are a few good tips for correctly setting up the 'steps per' in the 'members docs' area in particular you can download this calculator written by Al Lenz from here http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,16315.0.html.

Hope this helps,

Tweakie.
PEACE