Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:08:25 PM

Author Topic: Spindle and Vac System  (Read 4591 times)

Spindle and Vac System
« on: January 16, 2011, 06:07:47 PM »
I have a little problem, and I cannot figure out how to fix it.  I have my relays hooked up, and my spindle and my vac system will only come on when I hit the flood and mist buttons.  I know there is a way to change them to start and stop automatically when I hit the go button, but I can't seem to get it right.  Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

David

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Spindle and Vac System
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 06:26:21 PM »
Have M7 (for mist) and M8 (for flood) in your code where you want either to start, M9 will switch them off.

You could also change the Start button to a VB button in the screen designer and insert some VB for the M7 and M8 there if you wanted , but it would mean it would always operate when you start, so probably better if you have control via your code.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 06:28:55 PM »
Other things are of course a Brain or Macropump looking at the Start LED and when its seen switch the Flood and Mist on.

BTW are you using the Mist or Flood to start the spindle?

Hood
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 06:34:02 PM »
Flood starts the spindle, mist starts the vac system.  The way it is now, nothing stops on a tool change.  I was think there was a way to program the start button to start them all, they all stop when I hit the stop button.

David

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 06:39:51 PM »
Spindle should really be using the spindle relays and M3 in code will start M5 will stop. Pressing Stop should also stop both but Stop is not really the best thing to use unless motion has halted. If you have the spindle set to spindle relays then you can choose the option on General Config for the toolchange to stop spindle and wait for Start.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 06:45:54 PM »
I have all that checked, the router moves zero, it just won't stop spinning.  it looks like my relays are on m7 and m8.  Attached is the XML file that is running my machine

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 06:57:29 PM »
Not sure which ones which but on the spindle setup page change the output number of the spindle to either 1 or 2 and the flood or mist to 1 or 2 like in the pic.
Hood
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 07:24:45 PM »
I set the spindle to 1 and the flood to 2, now the spindle starts with the g-code, and the vac can be started easily from the flood control on the Program Run screen.  Thank you for your help.

David

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 02:28:38 AM »
You can also start the vac from code if you have a M8 in the code where you want it to start and M9 where you want it to stop.
Hood