Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:39:29 AM

Author Topic: dspmc error download encoder polarity, and down load aborted.  (Read 19854 times)

Offline dresda

•  220 220
    • View Profile
dspmc error download encoder polarity, and down load aborted.
« on: January 15, 2011, 05:49:58 PM »
Friday I was just setting up Mach 3 and setting the enable for the drives but didn't power them up. Checked the enable signal output ok.
Today I turned on the computer reset mach3, still no power to the drives and I get the error above, I can only reset it once.
go into my eng, config, to set up the drives then try to upload an I get the same error, then I have to shut down the computer and start again.
Tried installing Mach3 again, tried copying the DLL file again into Mach3/plugins, still no go
I did try powering the drives for a moment and I did get a Y axis runaway, switched the tach wires and I could power up the drives but still get the same alarm.
Thanks in advance.
Re: dspmc error download encoder polarity, and down load aborted.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 07:41:42 PM »
I beleive you bought the system in 2009, I am sure your dspmc Firmware is way old and you have not upgraded it.  just copying the plugin dll to mach3 plugins folder is not enough.  you have to run the upgrade software to burn the new firmware in the dspmc.  the new files are available at www.vitalsystem.com/dspmc.  pick the 7761 files.  the manual has a chapter that tells you step by step how to upgrade the firmware.

once you have the latest firmware and matching plugin loaded, all your config downloaded error will go away.

regards,
Rufi

« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 07:45:35 PM by vitalsystem »

Offline dresda

•  220 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 12:12:18 AM »
Rufi, My last post was a bit rushed, I had to go out. My unit is the 7761 (0063 cpu rev 203) I downloaded from the old legacy DSPMC_BL_7.2 and the firmware plugin.
I unzipped the BL file and run the setup and pasted the plugin in the mach3/plugin folder, by the way, the fist time I did this there was a MCdspmc.dll file already there, I just pasted over it. I had no problems on Friday testing inputs and outputs it was today when I turned on the the Computer and hit the reset, as i said I can reset only one time, then when I go to try to set anything in Mach3 and try to save or upload I get the error and I have to hit Ctrl alt del to get out.
Another question. Now I am not using Axis works, where do I conf, the encoder PPR? axis works had it on the main screen.
Regards, ray.

Offline dresda

•  220 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 02:18:02 AM »
It's now 2:00am you are right Rufi, I did have some problems loading the file and my Ip address was different from the one that came up on the screen but it did say success device found, mine was 192.168.0.10  192.168.0.50 came up. There was three bin files that downloaded from your site, the last one worked (dsp553-79b) was i supposed to know this?
Still need to know where I input the encoder PPR values.
On your old software the Mach3 pin #'s matched the 7535 breakout board pin #'s but now i see All the mach3 pin #'s are 0 so now I have to assign the pin #'s, is there a reason for that?
Thanks Ray.
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 02:39:40 AM »
The encoder counts are entered in mach3 motor tuning screen.  eg if you have 500 line encoder and 5 turn/inch screw,  you will enter 500 x 5 x 4 = 10000 count/inch.

for digital input/outputs, pls refer to the manual.  there are tables in the manual that shows the mapping between mach3 pin numbers and the 7535 screw terms.  you assign i/o pins in mach3 ports and pins config screen.

>  "but now i see All the mach3 pin #'s are 0"
Can you give more info, or a screen capture where you are seeing all 0's.  the dspmc plugin does not change any configuration inside mach3.

regards,
Rufi

Offline dresda

•  220 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 07:07:24 PM »
thanks for the reply Rufi. I know when I usedwith axis works you put the encoder counts on that screen. I did see the the steps/per on the mach3 tuning screen and thought it was for the stepper motor, anyway all is good, I have power and the motors are running.
I had already set up the few inputs and outputs that I was using and had tested them, then because of the problem I was having I downloaded mach3 again and all the Mach3 pin#'s were zero.
No big deal I just had to type 0,1,2,3,4, etc to correspond to the dspmc and  breakout board and all is good I think.
I still would like some good #'s for the PID tuning, don't like just throwing #'s in and thinking it's ok.
My drives are servo dynamics SD4-1525- 101
Motors are SEM, X&Y MT30R4-37 30lb/in 9.5amp.  Z axis MT30R4-42 30lb/in 8.4amp.
Thanks Ray.
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 09:08:27 PM »
for tunning, you start with scale 1000 and P 100, MFE at 5000, low pass at 5.  all others at zero.   do test motions.  if no motion, start increasing P until you see good motion.  then start adding I and D terms to fine tune the graph, ie actual should be as close to commanded as possible.  when you add I term, make sure Max error I should also be non zero, otherwise you will get uncontrolled oscillation.   do the test motions for small and large moves, ie few mm to 100 of mms.

hope this helps.

regards,
Rufi

Offline dresda

•  220 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 08:42:12 PM »
Hi Rufi, I tried those settings and my motors jumped and bounced all over the place and shut down the drives so I think I will stick with my settings at the moment, P100 I0 D2000 scale100 and the other setting are as you said.
Ray.
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 10:19:08 PM »
the motors will jump and bounce if PID I term is non-zero and you keep max-error-I at zero.   there must be a limit on I error.  eg if you set I to 5,  set max-error-I to 25.

rgds
Rufi
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 10:47:29 PM by vitalsystem »

Offline dresda

•  220 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 10:41:59 PM »
I was zero and Max error I was 315 I think, I didn't put that # in there.
Ray.