Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:48:07 AM

Author Topic: Cutting in the wrong place  (Read 6282 times)

Re: Cutting in the wrong place
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 06:57:01 AM »
Hello Rich,

I appreciate your responses, you guys really are great.

I'm not entirely sure of what to do but I will go and have a good tinker with the Cut2d (which is from Vcarve, by the way) and see what I come up with!

Many thanks.

Neil.
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 10:04:27 AM »
Hello Rich,

I appreciate your responses, you guys really are great.

I'm not entirely sure of what to do but I will go and have a good tinker with the Cut2d (which is from Vcarve, by the way) and see what I come up with!

Many thanks.

Neil.

Hi Niel,
  I think Rich has the right idea, your text is not "on center" in Cut 2D. Highlite your text(all your vectors) use the "align vector" tool button to center them in the job. If your 0.0 is on center they should line up perfectly.
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 10:14:03 AM »
Hi there

I'm not at home right now but I know from memory when create the drawing with cut 2d, I use the align centrally button and it is deffinately depicted directly centre of the work piece. When I get home I shall have another look though.

Regards,

Neil.
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 10:27:48 AM »
Hi there

I'm not at home right now but I know from memory when create the drawing with cut 2d, I use the align centrally button and it is deffinately depicted directly centre of the work piece. When I get home I shall have another look though.

Regards,

Neil.

In Vectric
Do a, Edit, Job size and position, recheck x-y origin is set to "center". If thats not the problem: ????????????

Mike

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 10:32:15 AM »
Hi there

Regards,

Neil.

Hi Neil,

Just because you centered your work in the work area, this does not mean that your "origin" was located at the center. When you look at the software again, have a look at the top left where you setup your material. I have V Carve Pro, but I believe Cut 2D has this same Icon (pictured below). Open that up and choose the location for your job in that area.

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)