Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 04:44:49 AM

Author Topic: Cutting in the wrong place  (Read 6303 times)

Cutting in the wrong place
« on: January 11, 2011, 03:54:17 PM »
Hello,

Please forgive my daft questions.

My machine seems to be running well after much tweaking, however, I'm having a problem with the cut starting in the wrong place . I'm using Vetric Cut2d for engraving and Mach3 seems to be placing the lettering top and right of the material, and proceeds to cut in that position although I have ensured that it is central in Cut2d.

Can anyone suggest what might be happening?

Many thanks....

Neil.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Cutting in the wrong place
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 04:47:54 PM »
All depends what your code has in it but normally all you need to do is jog to where you want your X and Y zeroes to be then press the zero button at the side of each DRO.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 04:20:21 AM »
Hello

Thankyou for you reply. Typically I jog to the edge of the work piece and zero x and y - but it starts moves up and right, as depicted in Mach 3 path screen. It seems to be placing the work in the top right corner of the workpiece instead of central, as set in Cut2d.

Many thanks,

Neil

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 06:20:19 AM »
Please attach your xml and code
Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 07:01:05 AM »
Meil,
Attach as Hood requested. Don't know nothing about Cut2d. Some programs let you define where you want to start ( the initial rapid move to a point and then to a point where it will
starts actual cutting). One should always know were they are coming from and going to by having a look at the first few lines of code.

RICH

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 04:41:19 PM »
Hi

Which XML file to do I use? Sorry, bit useless, theres loads!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 04:58:28 PM »
It will be in the main Mach3 folder and not the ones in the xmlbackup folder. It will have the file extension xml and will have the name of the profile you use.
Hood
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 02:02:06 AM »
Hi there,

You are very patient people, thank you!!

I have attached the XML and G-code files.

Kind regards,

Neil.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 06:10:59 AM »
Looks like what you drew was drawn away from 0,0,0 based on the generated code, here's your drawing.
You may want to move your drawing ( green box) start point closer to 0,0,0. The pic shows the moves to and away from the
text. So you could select a different start point, drawing wise, and move that point to 0,0,0, .......then all you need to do is move your axis to the start point, zero the axes, and  run the code. That eliminates the long moves pointed to in the pic.

Just a way to do and remember i don't have the foggiest idea what Cut2 does. Maybe you can do the same in Cut2d irrelevant to
how it was drawn.
RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 06:21:10 AM »
Meil,
I noticed that there are no arc ( G2 & G3 ) moves in your code. If you had arcs the number of code lines would be greatly reduced
and the machining results would be smoother.
FWIW,
RICH