Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:19:13 AM

Author Topic: First test on new machine build question  (Read 7122 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: First test on new machine build question
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 04:16:11 PM »
Silicone spray may be a good option, dont work with wood but it doesnt collect dust so I would imagine it to be ok for wood dust.

Hood
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 07:41:20 PM »
May be an idea to contact Dave at Hobby CNC to get the instructions on how it is measured (location of test point) and setting up the stepper drive current. I am guessing that if you can increase the motor torque it should solve your problem.

In my book you do not need lube on the screws with delrin nuts (the wood dust sticks to the lube and it just makes things worse).

Tweakie.

I know how to adjust the current on the board. It's at the Potentiometers. The label on the steppers says 3A, which is 3 amps. Should I have the board adjusted for 3 amps then ? The pots is  where you adjust the board current. By increasing the voltage to .42VDC at the pots, the instructions say will give you 3 amps.   
Mike Kearns
noveltysigncarver.com
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 08:51:10 PM »
I forgot to mention that Dave says in the instructions to try running the settings at the pots @ 70%, which would be about 2 1/4 amps or .30 VDC. He says the steppers will run much cooler at that setting. Thats what I think they are set at now. Do you think I should increase that?

Thanks Mike
Mike Kearns
noveltysigncarver.com

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 03:01:32 AM »
Mike,

Stick with what Dave has said, he is the expert here, but check the settings anyway - they may be set lower than 2.25 Amps.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 07:55:36 AM »
Will do, Thanks for the input ;)
Mike Kearns
noveltysigncarver.com