Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:47:23 AM

Author Topic: converting *.Mc9 to Mach3 G-code  (Read 8738 times)

converting *.Mc9 to Mach3 G-code
« on: November 14, 2006, 09:48:50 AM »
I have this problem I have a Mc9 surface file that verifies correctly but when imported to Mach3 the file becomes a full 360 surface that exceeds the limits of the machine

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: converting *.Mc9 to Mach3 G-code
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 02:54:07 PM »
This is what I get in Mach3

I can not get my NC verifier to verify it as correct, it says I,K rad centres are incorrect.

can you send me an iges of the surface by email and I will have a look.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 03:56:50 PM »
Hi, Gram and Salty72

One thing I have noted and Art and Brian are working on Mach3 at the present time Dose not read muiti- G-code commands on one line. May be causing some of your problem's.

Reff. my post in gcode post's  STATUS: Radius to end of arc differs from radius to start on Line number #

There are a lot of multi Gcode lines in this Code, like this N110G54G0X-87.709Y-73.5 and in the  PRE, POST Amble's

Well it must be that, Mach3  doesn't read some gcode's in a line.

I separated the gcodes to separate lines, doesn't change view.

Just an observation hear, Chip
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 07:01:32 PM by afn09556 »
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 10:24:43 PM »
well this is all ver y interesting, I just upgraded to 1.84.002 I then imported that Txt file back into Mach3 and sure enough I get the error end points no the same as start radius on line... 

The problem is I copied the text directly from my Router PC and then changed the extention from NC to Txt.

the other point of note is that the Pic posted by Graham looks nearly like mine in Mach 3... However my 'ring' is complete

as requested here is the Igs file (it includes all the levels etc..  the convertion from MC9 to Igs was done using Mc9 so not promisses)

Salty

P.s I will try and reinstall 1.84.000 to see if this has any bearing on the issue

•  2,668 2,668
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 07:07:28 AM »
Hi Salty,

I have reworked your iges file through my CAM system and this is what I now get in Mach3 2.0.009

If you want the NC code file sent to your email send me an email.

Graham
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 07:09:11 AM by Graham Waterworth »
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 07:59:47 PM »
Graham,
Thanks for that, I see that you have trimmed the curve to form the glasses, I must appologuise for not being a little more clear....

The curve will be used to cut a MDF former, I plan to drilled a few holes in the top surface and sealed th side so that when I apply the vacuum to hold the polycarbonate lens material I won't (hopefully) loose any vacuum.

I have found an alternate method to give me a finishing cut on the surface of my MDF former (see attached)

selected the Z-axis as a theoretical 4th axis, although it created a 20,000 line G-code point-to-point program it was very smooth and fast (7min34sec) the cutter moves  from front to back and then left to right

I am planning on cutting the the glasses shape using the feature Toolpath>translate>to_surface.
I hope that this feature in Mc9 wraps the glasses shape to the curved surface rather than, what I suspect will be a staight out vertical translation ( this will mean the glasses will be wider than I need them...

Anyway.....getting back on track!!!!, the Mc9 verify feature showed the tool path cutting from left to right in a vertical curve the cuter then moves accross and goes back to the left, moves across again and again back to the right.... yet (when I can get it into Mack3) the Nc file tells Mach3 to draw full circles much like grahams previous screen capture...

WHAT I find interesting is  I HAVE HAD THIS FILE IN MACH 3 BEFORE  but it now appears that ever line in the NC file that has G18 at the start of the G-code has an incorrect start / finish radius

isin't it the way... as usual once youv'e call for the TECH you can't repeat the origanal reported problem ....  [ why Mach3 trys to cutt full circles and not just arcs]

As to the new problem [incorrect START/FINISH points]....Is it possible I have an incorrect POST or I have some how changed my Mach3 settings inadvertantly (you know.. something like when you set the chaining tolerance)

•  2,668 2,668
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 05:12:10 AM »
This is what I get in Mach3 from your latest nc file.

try changing to incremental IJ mode in config

Graham.
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 07:44:59 AM »
Graham, that is exactly how it's suposed to look, If you could tell me how to create a screen dump I will post some other pics also I notice that your screen shots have a dotted area for the material how did you get that...

As to the IJ they are currently set to incremental

•  2,668 2,668
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 12:48:46 PM »
Download the latest version of mach R2.0.009 and install it.

To do screen grabs download screenhunter from this link, free version.

http://www.wisdom-soft.com/products/screenhunter.htm

Graham.