Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:34:33 AM

Author Topic: MachProfile can now save and restore Mach3 customized files like profiles etc.  (Read 7771 times)

By reading threads in this forum I think a program which saves and restores Mach3 customized files would be helpfull.  I added  those two features to my program MachProfile. You can save / restore Profiles-, License-, Fixtures-, Macros- and Tooltable files.
To save screen sets including their bitmaps just use MachScreen menu  File ->project import   and File-> project export. Both programs can be downloaded here:  http://www.kd-dietz.de

Klaus
The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Thanks Klaus A save restore funtion has LONG been needed. I have an old dos batch file that I use. The new program will be a welcome addition.

Does it show up in the MACH program tab like Sheetcam and Lcam , etc does?

(;-) TP

I'm not sure I understood what you mean. Do you mean the exe files of MachScreen and MachProfile? If so, I don't have access to the artsoft server. It's not a big deal, to download it from my site, isn't it? ;)

Klaus

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
When running Mach you can go to the file tab and step out to another program like Lcam. then when done an sclsoe Lcam you auto return to Mach.

I guess Your program would have to register with mach??

Just a thought, (;-) TP

This would need an additional menu item in Mach3, which should be defined within Mach3. Another reason not to save data from within Mach3 is the possibility to save fixtures. Fixtures are only saved when terminating Mach3, you would save invalid fixtures. Some files / dirs relate to profiles, to prevent illegal settings I will add a plausibility check in the next version.

Klaus

in MachProfile version V2.02 I've added saving Brains as well.

Klaus
Hi

I added a new feature "Show parameters" to MachProfile, showing port and pin assignments in a listview. You can select All, Motor -, Input -, Output - Encoder/MPG pins. The lists can be sorted by clicking at the column header. If you think other info's from the profile should also be shown, or if you find bugs, bad terms , or misspelling,  please let me know.
The actual version is V2.03

Klaus

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
That sounds very handy, will check it out later :)
Hood
Hello,

I realeased MachProfile version V2.05 with the following enhancement:

you can search now in the "Compare profile" result. Allowed wildcards are: ? and *

Klaus