Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:24:14 AM

Author Topic: Spindle speed not changing until overide button pressed  (Read 11489 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Spindle speed not changing until overide button pressed
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 07:35:36 PM »
IF you ran the 1024 screen and it did the same thing that would eliminate anything screen related and tends to point to an automated process still running.

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Offline tmead

•  62 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 05:43:48 AM »
Sorry for the delay - new job means this has taken a back seat fro a while.

I took a good look last night, and still have no idea ! I disabled the macropump and loaded the unmodified 1024 screenset, the reaction was still the same - any spindle S words were accepted, the DRO was updated, but the physical spindle speed did not change until a spindle speed override button was pressed.   >:(

i gave up ! :'(

The xml and other bits/pieces were copied out, and a complete uninstall/reinstall of mach completed, using the same version (3.042.025). It works now !  ;D

So, as I said - I'm no further forward in fault diagnosis, but the symptoms are fixed, using the same macropump, same gcode, same bitmaps and same screenset. There must have been a setting in there somewhere that i'd accidentaly changed.   ???

Anyway - thanks for all the people that thought about this, and offered suggestions.

Tim
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 08:47:04 AM »
Sounds like the same problem others have reported, yet unresolved.      http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,9314.0.html

I am having the same problem myself now on a new lathe build.  No cure/fix in sight.   This one has been around and I found reports back to 2007

ALSO..... try issuing a duplicate S*********x command, that will also cause the speed to go to the correct commanded value.   Its only the FIRST M3 S********* command that intreprets wrong.  All subsequent speed commands execute properly!!

Another data point worth noting :   So far, EVERY report of this I have seen has been with a PWM controlled spindle.   Step/Dir controlled spindles have not had the issue.   Is yours PWM controlled?  (bet it is ! )
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 08:55:29 AM by Sparky_NY »

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2011, 05:30:34 PM »
I have no problem seeing this. It's been there for months, at least. Initially there was some mention of the bug, but it's died a peaceful, unfixed, death. There's a doc out on the web someplace penned by Chris Humphris, dated July of 2010, on how to setup a PWM spindle and that's where I first saw this mentioned.  Top of page three, big as life for all to read, and it has it exactly as stated here and everywhere else.

http://www.cnctar.hunbay.com/HJozsi/Mach3/PWM%20Spindle%20Control%20using%20Mach3.pdf

I've given up on it getting fixed and just live with it, but mine only changes by 4/5%!! Life is too short and EMC2 is too big a PITA/learning curve to switch!!! But I always consider it when this stuff comes up and goes unfixed. But.............just wait for Mach v4, by George.

Tom
--
Tom
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2011, 06:02:24 PM »
Hang in there Tom !     I got Brians attention on this and he is looking at it right now.    I am betting a fix will be out very fast.

Offline tmead

•  62 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2011, 07:11:11 AM »
Thanks for all the comments !

The machine runs with a step/direction spindle, so is perhaps a little different to the PWM issue ?

The key feature that we've seen is that the spindle will only run at the previous speed when an M3 S ********* is issued, although the DRO will show the requested speed. There is no change until a spindle speed override is pressed, then it picks up the new speed as shown on the DRO. I have not tried running a VB script that issues an S word, pauses and then issues the relevant DoOEMButton........ that might have been a work-around !

However, a complete removal and re-install of mach3 fixed the issue. (remembering to grab a copy of the xml, macros, bitmaps, and gcode directories first  ;)  )

Tim
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2011, 03:28:59 PM »

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2011, 06:45:07 PM »
Seems good here, too! Two fixes for me in one day.

My 8 speed BP now has 4 pulleys that run in reverse as they should, and speed comes up at the speed it should be and stays there.

Great, thank Brian!!

Tom
--
Tom