Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 06:06:15 AM

Author Topic: MicroProto G-Code VIRGIN simple question  (Read 7828 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: MicroProto G-Code VIRGIN simple question
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 02:37:54 PM »
On the main screen at the top select Function Cfg.  Then select FONTS  then code and set the size you want. You may have to restart mach for the change to take effect.

(;-) TP
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 11:25:23 AM »
than you br549, however no ceremonious dance in the end zone. I did function cfg changed the font size and went to config and hit save settings to no avail.  Even did the same thing and closed mach and restarted it to no avail.

I dont know if this is normal but the font in the GUI main screen appears to be big font and cut off in places.  I tried to change the settings in my control panel for display, its is no real biggie but it would be nice to figure it out.

I found that notepad only allowed so many lines of code to be typed in so i open a word doc type code in there and then open edit gcode and paste code in there and i get plenty of lines of code.

Thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated!

pat b

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 06:13:52 PM »
OK go back to Config then GenConfig  then look in the screen control section and see if auto screen enlarge is checked if not try that.

(;-) TP
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 02:40:51 PM »
it was not, but i checked it and said ok, and fonts did not go smaller, so I went back and unchecked it, clicked ok. no change :(

teh real problem with is is in the gcode window the font is so big and cut off at the bottom i cant see if there is a decimal point and that can be kind of a problem when im thinking im drilling -.1 and it says -1 :o :o :o

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 05:13:59 PM »
I never tried changing the fonts on my end.
So I tried and no matter what i did the fonts would not change for code and stayed the same.
 Go out, come back in,save settings, outo enlarge screen.....
The only problem is that Laserman seems to have his stuck at at some large size.
That's all i know about it and don't recall anyone posting that they had a problem in the last few years.
What more can i say ........ver 3.042.033

Maybe try reloading Mach and see what happens.....
RICH
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 10:06:42 AM »
It is more a annoyance than a hinderence.  Im just thrilled that you guys are so responsive to helping me with my issues.  I was able to get about three pages of code to import and do my drilling job.

I am using Version R3.042.040

my daughter is haveing a knee operation and when i get back from that i will try to see if there are any updates available on teh website.  I can try to trash it and reload program to see if that fixes this little problem.

thanks guys!

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 02:47:11 PM »
Hi, Pat,

As per the font issue, please right click on the windows desktop and choose "properties". Then click "settings" tab, then "advanced" button.

Now what DPI setting do you have shown in the drop box, 120 ?

A lot of folks are getting the newer monitors, and we're all cranking up the DPI so that things aren't painfully small. This unfortunately makes Mach 3 fonts much larger and get cutoff :(

Dave
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 02:48:52 PM by budman68 »
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 05:27:04 PM »
budman68, (dave)

thank you!!! you hit the perverbial nail on the head,  The setting was at 120 and I changed it to 96 and restarted the computer and Mach3 and it came in beautiful.  Perfect font size for the windows and g-code.  I knew it was probably pilot or a settings error.

I will try to read threads of interest before asking questions but i was under a gun for a week or so and you guys really came through, so thanks to all.

pat b

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2011, 05:37:31 PM »
Glad to be of some help to you-   :)

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)